General T-jet or Multijet?

Currently reading:
General T-jet or Multijet?

(y)
T
A standard T-jet wouldn't be hugely faster than a standard M-jet but with drivers of the same skill they would be faster. The stats speak for

GM don't make a diesel engine, as said the 1.9 is Fiat as is the 1.3. The 1.7 and 2.2's are Isuzu units.

you own a t-jet don't you? get off your high horse its not any quicker. Tjets may have a quicker advantage off the line but only until the mjet's torque kicks in. then there matched up until about 100 where the Mjet will keep pulling away from the tjets.

lol. anyway I'm not arguing with you.standard t'jets and standard m'jets are clearly as quick as each other, acept it.. @ysidfa and @Rob93 can also confirm this for you. (y)

and the 1.9 engines are the same engines as the vauxhall vectra 1.9 with a different map (150bhp) but following the Isuzu fasion you will find the engine there also. but its originally Vaux design = GM.

Buller great choice! hope you enjoy it, keep us updated :D

Last edited:
im sure you lot are just fighting , my Willy is bigger than your willy ...
who gives a **** if a Tjet is faster than a Mjet , or if a Mjet is faster than a TJet

its not a race car so why argue as if it is , its not like the OP is going to be drag racing the outher choice off every set of lights ,,,

and dose if realy matter if its slighty faster .. you go for what you want , if you want to buy a petrol what MAY be slower than a derv one you go for it , , or if you want a derv one that may be faster

and in the Real world were the hell do you get the chance to speed around every were ? just go for what will take your fancy more (Y)

Ive got a Petrol cinquecento and a derv stilo , I love the cento the power band is just so much more fun while "enthusiastically" driving , but the stilo pulls like a horse when in the traffic range

#rantover

(y)

you own a t-jet don't you? get off your high horse its not any quicker. Tjets may have a quicker advantage off the line but only until the mjet's torque kicks in. then there matched up until about 100 where the Mjet will keep pulling away from the tjets.

lol. anyway I'm not arguing with you.standard t'jets and standard m'jets are clearly as quick as each other, acept it.. @ysidfa and @Rob93 can also confirm this for you. (y)

and the 1.9 engines are the same engines as the vauxhall vectra 1.9 with a different map (150bhp) but following the Isuzu fasion you will find the engine there also. but its originally Vaux design = GM.

Thanks mate! I'm off to look at the T-jet about 4:30 so I'll grab some pictures of everything and post something up later.

(y)

Thanks mate! I'm off to look at the T-jet about 4:30 so I'll grab some pictures of everything and post something up later.

(y)

Who's on their high horse? Lol.

I wasnt arguing either, and you have said almost the same as i did?

The T-jet vs M-jet debate will go on forever, at the end of the day they are both very good cars for what they cost.

If the OP did the mileage to justify it i would say go for an M-jet.

And as for the Vauxhall diesels, they are isuzu engines. We have them in the patrol cars at work and they are rubbish

Last edited:
Who's on their high horse? Lol.

I wasnt arguing either, and you have said almost the same as i did?

The T-jet vs M-jet debate will go on forever, at the end of the day they are both very good cars for what they cost.

If the OP did the mileage to justify it i would say go for an M-jet.

And as for the Vauxhall diesels, they are isuzu engines. We have them in the patrol cars at work and they are rubbish

my bad I read the first line wrong! appolgies (n)
'A standard T-jet wouldn't be hugely faster than a standard M-jet'
I read it as 'would' :')

there only rubbish if there not looked after as in every engine :)

If I'm honest lads if I did enough mileage id buy a M-jet. But since I don't I'll take a snap at the T-jet.

Anyway, here's a little shot of the exhaust on the T-jet that should be mine by this weekend:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1382108583.497758.jpg

Needs a good clean haha!

i dont do alot of mileage. 4 miles down a dual carriageway and the same back but when im off work ill take it for a good drive. my average mpg is 35.4 i just love the car and the torque

i boot mine everywhere. On my way to work there alot of these silly junctions where it is two lanes at a set of traffic lights that quickly turn to 1 lane after the lights. I have a big problem with people who see a punto at the front and have to go in the right hand lane cos they assume its going to be slow. but thats just me and my inner child.

i boot mine everywhere. On my way to work there alot of these silly junctions where it is two lanes at a set of traffic lights that quickly turn to 1 lane after the lights. I have a big problem with people who see a punto at the front and have to go in the right hand lane cos they assume its going to be slow. but thats just me and my inner child.

I know exactly how you feel :p there is the same thing near mine. It goes into 2 lanes then back into one on a nice bank. The M-jet just pulls up the bank and leaves everyone in a remapped black smoke cloud ;)

I get 35 mpg on full boost and 50 around town 64 on the motorway

Back