Technical Swap Front End + Engine

Currently reading:
Technical Swap Front End + Engine

Thanks to EVERYONE , again !

Noted - Yes on Schmidts ( Clone ) & No on steering wheel

Would the current steering wheel do ?... I gave up on blingz, may have to brush the shining off a bit.

On bigger valves, does anyone have experience ? Also on the shaving of head... how far ?

Cheers,

The current ABARTH

Last edited:
yeah i quite like that wheel, perhaps with the centre not chromed/polished it would look better...? Its very personal stuff this so as long as your happy we are happy ;)

There is a max skim line on the head - if you go upto but not past the mark the engine will still be non-interference and not need a vernier pulley and the stock tensioner will still take up the slack on the belt no problem, you can technically skim past it but i wouldn't recommend it.

Re: Swap Front End + Engine... NOS Injection

I don't drive FAST all the time, but I do drive QUICK some of the time.

Solution I have gathered, for BANG for the buck, is Nitrous Oxide / NOS.

Any one has any experiences with this set up ? ( That I plan to do with the tired old 75 engine - after some minor head job... expand valve size + shave off heads )

Appreciate your input.

Mucho Gracias,

GM.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PUNTO 75 1.2 Engine Improvement

Dear All,

It looks like the interest has wear off as no one pursue the subject.

So, I went elsewhere and found some answers. There are NOT to my liking… but sort of eye-opener.

Let me quickly summarized ;

· Fiat Punto has 2 version – the 60 1.2 8V SPI ( Single injector – limit to 80 bhp. ) … and the 75 1.2 8V MPI ( multiple injectors )
· The late 60’s and all 75’s have aggressive cam profile “ 866 “.
· The 75’s have 4-2-1 headers, better flow

· The induction… if it was too close to heat source… then it’ll make it worst as hot air is less dense = less burn efficiency
· If “ Super Sprint “ manifold could be found, it’d help
· Head of 75’s already have “ BIGGEST Valves “ ( So, my plan to increase valve size is NOT workable )

· Port & Polish would NOT help much, if NOT done on flow bench
· Remaps and chip needs “ EXPERT “ work ( read EXPENSIVE )
· Forced induction is a NEW can of worms

· Nitrous is a BIG Hazard
· Light car is the cheapest way

So, my plan is NOT really a good one.

Next study ; An Engine Swap

Last edited:
Back