Technical Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Suspension

Cause i cant have my car all kitted out in time for skeggy, i have decided that if it cant look good, at least i could make it look lower

im going for a -40mm drop, a quick question though, i have read about people needing to cut there bump stops, will this need to be done if i have the full kit, including shocks.

ive managed to blag a mate to fit it for me, but i have confused him a little when i mentioned the bump stops, so all help appreciated

gaz

When me, sie and silver_sei fitted the apex kit on Sie's cinq at Mr Fixit's, all bumpstops were cut in half on front and back.

There's a deep groove that runs around the bumpstop, cut it with a junior hacksaw at this mid-way point and refit

expect a lower gaz soon :D

another q, im undecided, apex or spax, im liking the idea off spax cause u can adjust ride quality, but is it worth the extra money

depends how often you'd jump out of car to adjust it, aka if you'd actually use the extra features, if the answer is no then go for the apex :p if you would then you have to weigh up wether the use of it justifies the extra cost :)

aha, i forgot bout them, i cant see spax on there site though, i will have a proper look in a bit, but for now does anyone know a rough price for them

anothere quickie, will suspension for a s/sx fit a sporting cause they -10mm lower, or does this include the height that the sporting is lower by to start with

brickfoot said:
When me, sie and silver_sei fitted the apex kit on Sie's cinq at Mr Fixit's, all bumpstops were cut in half on front and back.
I don't remember seeing you doing the fronts!lol I think i was too busy cleaning my battery up and sorting out the strut brace!

Mind your bumper when you lower it Gaz. From what i remember, you don't have much clearance do ya?

well when i have my new bumpers on then i will have no clearence at all, i dunno whether that is a good thing, it will need lowering before the bumper go on anyway so i know how much i got to play with at the back

what is the ride quality like with the apex, im tempted just to buy the hardest ride there is, too try and save my bumpers

well i love it. but you're best asking Pete, he has tried different suspension set ups

pete where are u :D

shame i wasnt coming to northen alfa day so i could jump up and down on everyones cars testing it :D

im swaying towards apex at the mo, just cause its cheaper and i need to save the pennies

i looked through the theivin tweeks catalogue last nite and have found all these that will fit cinq/sei

AVO
GMAX
KONI
BILSTEIN
KW - last resort

anyone had an experience with any off the kits above

Back