General Sunroof problems - one big pain in the bum problem

Currently reading:
General Sunroof problems - one big pain in the bum problem

Now then, if there is one thing I've learnt about when having my Selecta, it's how much of a pain sunroof's can seem to be :mad:

The sunroof in my Selecta has always leaked, and over the past 12 months we've tried loads to try and stop it. Normally it's only a few drips, and when sitting in the wet, e.g, drizzle, a quick sharp shower wouldn't normally make it leak, neither putting it through the car wash.

So, was at work this afternoon, clocked off to come home, and knowing we were to be working on the body work, got my free 'Premium' car wash - The only advantage of working at a petrol station :p.

All was well, until I went to get in :(

The driver and passenger seat were soaked. And yes the sunroof was shut properly. Luckily I had my thick Hi-Vis jacket in the back of the Panda, so ended up sitting on it to stop me from getting a wet back and bum on the drive home.

When home I then took these pics;
08092008207.jpg08092008208.jpg
08092008209.jpg08092008210.jpg

Hopefully they give some idea of how bad it was today :(

Now the main point of this thread is to see if there are any idea's on how to prevent this from happening again. We've changed the 'O' ring washer's on the front of the sunroof and this dosen't seem to have helped. The main rubber seal around the roof dosen't seemed to have 'perished' or 'dried-up' so we really are beginning to run out of idea's.

Just hoping someone can help and put me out of the only bit of missury I'm having with my Selecta ;)

Jon.

Back