Technical Problem bleeding front brakes.

Currently reading:
Technical Problem bleeding front brakes.

Rotski752

I have replaced the rubber brake line and brake calipers on both sides. I am unable to get any brake fluid to the front brakes.

Have tried pumping the pedal bleeding and a vacuum bleeder. Nothing is happening. Is there something i am missing? Why isnt there fluid coming from the master cylinder to the brakes?

No ABS, but i solved it by pressurizing the brake fluid container and forcing fluid to the calipers. I still find it weird that the vacuum wasnt able to pull the fluid to the calipers.
I have found that some master cylinder back seals are a bit lazy, so if you pump the pedal fast or use a vacuum bleeder it collapses that seal and allows air in from the pedal end. A pressure bleeder doesn't cause that to happen and so in that situation is a better solution in my opinion.
If you don't have a pressure bleeder and have plenty of brake fluid to waste , sometimes just opening or removing the bleeders altogether allows the air to flow out without pumping at all as long as someone is topping the reservoir up so it doesn't empty.

Back