General subframe bushes! We've been saved!

Currently reading:
General subframe bushes! We've been saved!

lancia8888

Hi Fiat pee's… we've been saved!!!! rear subframe bushes are available from a uk source! a2z motor spares in Dewsbury sell oem bushes. They are even stamped from fiat parts, a280b on them. And are exact! They need to be sweated in rather than machined 01924 451277. Should have mine fitted in the next couple of days…..

I assume that they haven't got these up ontheir website yet, just been on to have a look and the only ones shown are those that require modification.....

I assume that they haven't got these up ontheir website yet, just been on to have a look and the only ones shown are those that require modification.....
They don't need to moded… just sweated in… they are genuine parts. Stamped with fiat/lancia log and say a280b which is what it says on the old bushes I've taken out.
The shop owner would not say where he got them from….. the front one are in just got rears to do. Will post pics when done.

Click 'Go Advanced' on the reply, then the paperclip button. A new window opens and you can browse to the files on your PC. Works, but it chugs a bit.

Better still, save the images on something like Photobucket, then copy/paste the img link form that account into your post. The photos will then appear embedded in your message.

Have you measured those holes yet?! ;)

£62.95 rear bushes and £89.95 for front… but he has an ebay account and fronts are £59.99 ziggy-a2z is the seller name. Said the £89ers are better quality…… will try and post some pics….

They don't need to moded… just sweated in… they are genuine parts. Stamped with fiat/lancia log and say a280b which is what it says on the old bushes I've taken out.
The shop owner would not say where he got them from….. the front one are in just got rears to do. Will post pics when done.

Being a total mechanic numpty, what do you mean by "sweated in", also any idea what the difference is between the ones on Ebay and these ones?

Cheers

Re: Subframe bushes! We've been saved!

My thoughts exactly. They look very much like these to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-BRAV...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c8cf5e73

I think I can just make out A280 in the photo of that item. Not A280B. I wonder what if any difference there is. Also, the 'How To' here mentions Bravo/Brava bushes (scroll down to the Suspension section, FIAT_MULTIPLA_REAR_SUBFRAME[1].pdf):

https://sites.google.com/site/fiatmultipla/Home/repairs

Methinks someone is on the make! £90? They ripeth the pith mightily, brother.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Being a total mechanic numpty, what do you mean by "sweated in", also any idea what the difference is between the ones on Ebay and these ones?

Cheers
I had to heat the subframe up with a oxyacetylene torch. Then used a hydraulic press to press them back in to the subframe….

Re: Subframe bushes! We've been saved!

My thoughts exactly. They look very much like these to me:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-BRAV...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c8cf5e73

I think I can just make out A280 in the photo of that item. Not A280B. I wonder what if any difference there is. Also, the 'How To' here mentions Bravo/Brava bushes (scroll down to the Suspension section, FIAT_MULTIPLA_REAR_SUBFRAME[1].pdf):

https://sites.google.com/site/fiatmultipla/Home/repairs

Methinks someone is on the make! £90? They ripeth the pith mightily, brother.
Yes the price is a bit steep , but where else can we get them??? And they are the real deal fully stamped with the logos. The thing that gets me is why can't fiat supply these parts????
I have a good relationship with my local fiat garage and they wanted £700 inc vat 10% discount. Fiat won't let the deals have any further discount….

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Subframe bushes! We've been saved!

I've never been convinced that the front Brava bushes are suitable, they're only around half the height of the Multipla ones.
Given the extra load capacity of the Multi, I'm wondering if they're up to the job.

Back