Technical Multipla - Rear subframe bush (front) - support washer

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla - Rear subframe bush (front) - support washer

multiross

Hi,
Multipla 1.9 JTD 2006 - Picked up a new subframe a few years ago and kept it for the inevitable replacement. Would normally do the work myself, but the weather has been less than helpful and I only have an outside space to work.

The guy that did the work has left out the support washer (on both sides) that sits between the top of the front bush and the chassis, either because it had corroded away and he didn't know it was meant to be there, or couldn't be bothered to source a replacement.

The FIAT Part 46465198 is apparently obselete. So my question is - does anyone know the dimensions of the washer please, i.e. OD, ID and thickness please. Also, is it just a plain flat washer, or is it profiled in some way?

Thank you

Hi,
Multipla 1.9 JTD 2006 - Picked up a new subframe a few years ago and kept it for the inevitable replacement. Would normally do the work myself, but the weather has been less than helpful and I only have an outside space to work.

The guy that did the work has left out the support washer (on both sides) that sits between the top of the front bush and the chassis, either because it had corroded away and he didn't know it was meant to be there, or couldn't be bothered to source a replacement.

The FIAT Part 46465198 is apparently obselete. So my question is - does anyone know the dimensions of the washer please, i.e. OD, ID and thickness please. Also, is it just a plain flat washer, or
I have done a few multipla subframe refurbs and have never found the washer you refer to. So good news you dont need it(-:

I have done a few multipla subframe refurbs and have never found the washer you refer to. So good news you dont need it(-:
Hmm, I like to think that, but would question why:-

1. It's shown on ePer - unless theres been a modification of the set up.
2. The top of the bush has angled rubber ridges, which suggest they've been designed to allow for some sort of compression against them (the washer).
3. The bush hanging essentially on it's bolt without anything to prevent it being laterally stressed also doesn't feel right.

Hmm, I like to think that, but would question why:-

1. It's shown on ePer - unless theres been a modification of the set up.
2. The top of the bush has angled rubber ridges, which suggest they've been designed to allow for some sort of compression against them (the washer).
3. The bush hanging essentially on it's bolt without anything to prevent it being laterally stressed also doesn't feel right

Hi,
It is possible that initaly a flat washer was
Specified then Fiat realised it was unnecessary so deleted it from subsequent production line saving time and cost.
The bush is not hanging on the bolt when vehicle on wheels .
The centre of the bush is metal so when bolt tightened it is bolted very firmly to the vehicle body.

Hmmmmm

Maybe I didn't register an extra washer/ plate or they have been part of the bush or my memory is failing me, both are possible.

It does look flat and maybe there to spread load on body where subframe mounts so possibly is required .

Ah remember now-On the subframes I refurbed I changed the front bushes to ones with the built in top flat plates from different fiat model.

Here is a picture of my multi fitted with the original front bush.

Attachments

• 20220303_160243.jpg
    20220303_160243.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hmmmmm

Maybe I didn't register an extra washer/ plate or they have been part of the bush or my memory is failing me, both are possible.

It does look flat and maybe there to spread load on body where subframe mounts so possibly is required .

Ah remember now-On the subframes I refurbed I changed the front bushes to ones with the built in top flat plates from different fiat model.

Here is a picture of my multi fitted with the original front bush.
Thanks for that, and the picture. I think that my gut instinct is to get something into the free space 👍

Thanks for that, and the picture. I think that my gut instinct is to get something into the free space 👍
You are very welcome😀

Don't put anything in the free space, that is part of the isolation between the subframe and the body.

In my online part searcher there was also another number - 7779883 , which lead to

View attachment 403205
Thanks for your help.

The part you've picked up 7779883 (a strange construction - looks like plastic with a ?felt rim, reminds me of the bush you might get behind a window winder), according to ePer, is the one that sits below the bush. The one I'm interested in is the one that sits above it. I wonder if the parts searcher might be showing an incorrect cross rederence.

Cheers

Thanks for your help.

The part you've picked up 7779883 (a strange construction - looks like plastic with a ?felt rim, reminds me of the bush you might get behind a window winder), according to ePer, is the one that sits below the bush. The one I'm interested in is the one that sits above it. I wonder if the parts searcher might be showing an incorrect cross rederence.

Cheers
Probably it's true, on the diagram there was missing nb part according to element nb 13

but:

Thanks, thats useful - They don't look to be particularly thick, perhaps 2 or 3mm? Any idea on diameter, or are they archive photos?

Cheers
Where are you located?
Will PM you-I see PM is now called conversation

Last edited:
Back