Technical Sub Wooofer

Currently reading:
Technical Sub Wooofer

Just bought myself a Stilo 1.4 and ordered an original equipment sub. Thot it might have wiring, but doesnt (shouldnt have expected the parts dude to have any knowledge.....)

ANYWAY! apparently the wire to connect the sub is £150...errmmm for a wire?! So anyone any knowledge on how to wire this in without me having to spend £150 that id rather spend on lowering the car!

Hey fishbone

I'm glad you brought this up; I was looking into doing this myself! Firstly, looking at the cable prices you are right, they are around £150 for the 3/5dr - but only £28 for the MultiWagon!! I can't see why it'd be different but I don't want to guess.

The way the sub is wired (from what I remember from ripping the Schumi to bits and eLEARN) is that all of the speaker feeds are sent down to the amp, and are then returned back to the speaker feeds in the dash and sent along their merry way to the speakers.

Also, the other piece of wiring you need to do is get a +12V feed from the junction box in the boot (this is pin C8) and earth (C1). There is then the AMP "Switch On" feed coming from the radio (C2) and finally the feed from the sub/amp informing the radio of it's presence (C3).

So there's the wiring instructions; my only concern would be getting hold of the right connector for the sub/amp, but once you've done that it should be easy enough to wire up; although you'll have 10 wires going the length of the car and 2 going the width!

Let us know what you decide :)

yeah... so niaive us newbies!!! lol.... well im gonna have togo the whole hog cos Ive bot the feckn sub....:bang:

I see u have fitted Krooz control... u did it yourself???? I really miss cruise....well actually I miss my Alfa GT......but thats another story..

Oh, anyone else think Stilo seats are the crappiest things since Church pews?(n)

Good luck with the Sub installation; let me know how it goes and I may copy! :p

Yeah I've fitted cruise, was easy for me as my car was pre-wired, but some guys who only had it semi-pre-wired have got it working too :). How come the GT went?

And Stilo seat's aren't that good, although my dad's BMW ones are crap too!

The Gorgeous GT went cos of a severe cash flow problem... :rolleyes: It was either trade down, or sell my other car (a Smart Roadster) ( go here to see a pic: http://www.smartzplanet.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1214&c=3&userid=537

But I couldnt bring myself to bin the roady cos Ive spent a bit of cash on it... u kno, so a Stilo 1.4 Active Sport (whatever that means) was my only option! (n)

But hey ho, my plans for a Brera are still on, it will just be a wee bit further away!!!! Still, the Stilo is still in the family! :slayer:

rite here goes i have a spare loom from an abarth that had a standard sub in. ur welcome to it if you wana come round and fish through it no pun intended.
also rich im sendin you an e mail

Back