Sub Enclosure

Currently reading:
Sub Enclosure

PuntoKing

I have bought a 12" sub here it is

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/2217.html

It says the internal volume of the box should be 34 litres. I want a wedge box and i am building my own but i dont have any idea how to work out the dimensions of the box. I am going to use 3/4" MDF.

Can any body help me with this? Tell me how to work it out or maybe a website that tells you? I can't seem to find one anywhere

Cheers

I would split the cross-section into 2 shapes - a rectangle and a triangle first of all. I assume you are going to have the box the full depth and height of your boot? If you do, you need these measurements. These are your external measurements. Subtract 1.5 inches from the height and depth to get the internal measurements. Figure out how wide you would need to make the enclosure to get the required internal volume (34 litres). Add 1.5 inches onto the width to get your external width

HTH

No that doesnt really help haha

Im **** at maths n stuff like that ;)

I want it to be as small as possible so i have more room in my boot. atm i have 2 12" in a twin box thats why i am goin for the single

I don't want a bootbuild btw i just want a single sub box

Last edited:
PuntoKing said:
No that doesnt really help haha

Im **** at maths n stuff like that ;)

I want it to be as small as possible so i have more room in my boot. atm i have 2 12" in a twin box thats why i am goin for the single

I don't want a bootbuild btw i just want a single sub box

I wasn't suggesting a bootbuild :confused: Tell me where you are intending putting it exactly in the boot and I might be able to help further :)

i Decided not do do it now because i am lazy and i cba! :p

I am gonna buy one from somewhere. Soon i might also fibreglass it to the side in the boot so that i get slightly more boot space but i am waiting for my mate to do his first to see how much of a hassle it it :D

How about these for dimensions??

h x w x d1 x d2
15 x 19 x 8 x 14

Would that work or look good??? Its a wedge obviously and the d1 is for the top

PuntoKing said:
How about these for dimensions??

h x w x d1 x d2
15 x 19 x 8 x 14

Would that work or look good??? Its a wedge obviously and the d1 is for the top

If those measurements are in inches and are for external dimensions, then that would give a volume of 1.35 cuft, which should be fine taking into account that the sub will take up some volume itself. However, I would make the enclosure slightly larger and then use bracing to bring the volume back down to 1.35 cuft. The bracing will add a good amount of strength, which will only improve SQ :)

Back