Sub and amp not working?!

Currently reading:
Sub and amp not working?!

PuntoKing

I have 2 12" subs in a twin box and a shark 400 watt amp that i bought of ebay. Tried setting it up last nite and it didn't work. I know the leads work cuz i tested them and i know the sbubs work cuz i wired them to the back speakers but once the amp was set up the subs didnt do anything at all.

Preouts and remote from the HU to the amp done. Power run from the battery, and then speaker outputs run to the subs. Grounded from the boot lock i think

Any suggestions? me and a mate were fiddiling with it for 3 hours and nothing happened.

Not being funny but made a similar mistake:eek: has your HU got a seperate Bass level control that may be turned to low this is assumeing you have a sub out RCA connection.

Steve

Well the HU didnt come with any proper instructions its only like telling you how to skip traks and what the buttons do i cnt find anything about the preouts or even the SD card and usb port??!!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Im hope there is power going to the amp but im not sure there isnt any lights on it or anything. The only light that comes on is when the remote wire is connected but that comes on even if the ac isnt connected

I hope there is power goin to the amp but im not sure there isnt any lights to show power :S

The only light on it comes on when the remote is connected but that comes on even if the AC isnt connectred

did do tried it in aboput 8 differnt places. Any idea where the best place will be to put it in a mk1 punto?

yeh i know where you mean at the mo its on like the little ledge where the boot goes when you close it if ya get me.

I know its defo not the amp cuz i tried another amp and that didnt work either so summot is wrong somewhere! on that link : http://www.allyourbass.co.uk/?page=installguide

are the speakers the subs? and also do you have to connect the rear speakers as well as the subs?

Sorry to be a pain:eek: but could you do a quick sketch of how you have wired everything up, it does seem at the mo it is going to be an earth problem.
Are you driving the rear speakers throught the HU not the amp?
Yes they would be your subs
How many connections to your sub box?
Steve

Last edited:
steve1219 said:
Sorry to be a pain:eek: but could you do a quick sketch of how you have wired everything up, it does seem at the mo it is going to be an earth problem.
Are you driving the rear speakers throught the HU not the amp?
Yes they would be your subs
How many connections to your sub box?
Steve

Hope this helps i no iyts a bit crap bit you get the idea :D

[img=http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9776/sketch2sr.th.png]

Back