Technical stuttering with the 1.4 T-JET

Currently reading:
Technical stuttering with the 1.4 T-JET

pauladdo

Ive had my 1.4 t-jet for about a month now and keep getting a stuttering when I accellerate in 5th and 6th gear and occasionally in 4th.It seems to be getting worse.The car has 30k on the clock and when town driving its fine but get the problems when on the motorway.
There in no engine management light on or no fault codes appearing.Has anyone else had this problem??
Is linked to the DPF problem everyone seems to be having or is that a diesel thing??

I have had a mechanic look at the engine in the last week and would presume he would have spotted that.He also checked the coil packs and spark plugs.thanks for your help.

update;Someone mentioned it could be a blocked injector and I might buy some cleaner.Has anyone come across this before with the T-JET.

is the stutter more like a misfire? if so then it could be injectors, but you would need a laptop,cable and copy of FES to tell, could also be an iffy engine mount, mine was stuttering and labouring under acceleration, my bottom mount had failed, of course as mines a 90bhp I only noticed when the flexi joint went just assumed it was always that slow lol

Yes i suppose it is a missfire but it kicks through it after a second or so.It does nt happen when I accellerate slowly but does it when I boot it.Its the first fiat i have had and i love it.This is just annoying.
Would it be worth just throwing the injector cleaner through it and seing if it works?.I dont know how expensive the cleaner is.
Thanks for your help

Back