General student redesigns panda.....

Currently reading:
General student redesigns panda.....

I love these stereotypical view on fiats clearly put across by people who are about as up to date with the modern world as my nan.

One guy commented on how a head gasket shouldn't go at that many miles on a modern car. I didn't realise a mk1 punto 60 was a modern car?

I was going to post on there, but whats the point - to get slated, or whatever, by those who know nothing about anything.

However, willing to help him on here.

Love this quote-

"Ok, not got one but from what I've seen the 3dr looks relatively ok, the 5dr is hideous"- by Jamie.

3 door??? the 500!?!

Hi guys, I've just started train studies at the university of england. Can you help me redesign this train?

TRAIN_SMALL_crop.jpg

I hate people's short sighted, bias and just plain wrong opinions on italian cars :bang:

Hi guys, I've just started train studies at the university of england. Can you help me redesign this train?

TRAIN_SMALL_crop.jpg

I hate people's short sighted, bias and just plain wrong opinions on italian cars :bang:

Paint it red and put Fiat on front.

I've spent quite a lot of time (and money it appears!) on trains lately and I think (gulp) I might quiet like them. So far in fact as to do a bit of research on Wikipedia (so it must be true). Virgin Voyagers may be "cheap and nasty" (not my words, Google them with 'GNER' and 'chairman') and they may be diesel powered but the way our driver was trying to make-up time the other night, wow...

Oh, and Virgin Pendolino trains: FIAT Ferroviaria, need I say more....

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, proper trains like big old steam engines and especially 1960s diesels are superb... nothing like a 3,300 hp 2 stroke diesel thundering at 100mph! But, todays lifeless heaps are just so boring and cheap, full of unreliable technology and rock hard seats, and these spotters take their numbers, weird.

Attachments

• 55015_55002_D9019_Burrs_1997.jpg
    55015_55002_D9019_Burrs_1997.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 11
Hi everybody,

Glad to see the general feeling on railways has changed.

I am the student who is designing a facelift for the Panda at Huddersfield university. I origninally posted my queary on RMweb really because i wanted an un biased view, and also i was logged onto rmweb at the time and i couldn't really be bothered signing up to another forum:D

However, It would be very interesting to hear what you all think would improve the appearance of the panda. My current ideas are to make it look more youthful, as it seems to be a bit of an old folks car at the moment. It is also going to look more like the original 80s panda, which i think is something the 2003 rebuild lacks really.

your opinions would be greatly apreciated.

BTW, i don't reeeealllly hate pandas, but after a few weeks drawing the damn things over and over, im starting to change my mind!

Back