Technical Strange indicating issue.... please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Strange indicating issue.... please help!

Metfan78

Hi Everyone

I'm a new Punto owner and not very knowledgeable on technical parts for car in general, but i was wondering if someone could help/explain if anyone has come across this issue before

The small nearside lamp blew a few months ago and i changed it no issues there (I've changed bulbs before), but a few weeks later I got the warning light for bulbs on the dash and the warning, "check running lights"..... I did a full check and no lights are out so I kinda left it until I could go to my local garage.....then summer hit and I forgot all about it as i didnt put my lights on at all for a good while......but today I didnt put my lights on but when i started to indicate left the headlights came one and once i stopped indicating they turned off...... they dont do it for right hand side so i'm completely confused what to do......and to make matter worse, its due in for the MOT next Thursday and i bet this is a failure, even though all lights are working.

has anyone come across this issue before and if so any and all advice would be very welcome.

I love this car and i want many years of happy driving , I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a money pit like my old Vauxhall Insignia

its a 2015 Punto Evo 1.2

Many Thanks

Paul

i

Hi

Sounds odd..

Is your indicator in the bumper?

Trying to figure out what you may have disturbed..

My 2012 is all original bar 1 drl bulb
'THE HOLDERS ARE COOKED LOOKING'
Maybe your indicator holder is also poorly connected (poor earths are similar.. putting on odd lamps)

Also worth checking the new bulbs Wattsge ;-)

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I think I'm going to take out the new bulb and see this that's sorts at least the head light issue and go from there

The indicator is I'm the bumper, but the mount and bumper looks in good order.

I may have to take the hit at MOT to resolve it.

Well I took the bulb out and it made no different at all.....I'll give the garage a call tomorrow and see what he says.

I'll post back if he finds anything, or later next week after the MOT

Back