Technical stop/start unavalible

Currently reading:
Technical stop/start unavalible

U V11NNY

Hi All,

happy Friday first of all!(y)

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.

its not the end of the world but is very annoying. I've started getting a "stop/start unavailable" message popping up randomly. it pops up with the yellow S/S sign and the yellow triangle.

for what its worth, when it does pop up I'm pretty sure its got something to do with me pressing the breaks?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

If either switch is not working correctly or intermmittly the the ss won't work, so the car may think your foot is on the clutch when it's not it's not an unheard of fault, sometimes it's a very simple fix it's usually the battery but I don't think that on your case as you say it happens when the brake is used sometimes.

One thing that causes the Start/Stop unavailable warning message is a broken linkage on the clutch pedal. It is a metal part that is welded onto the clutch pedal which is linked to the clutch switch which drives the Start/Stop function. If this linkage is broken the arrows indicating when to shift also stop working. There are a few topics on this forum regarding the broken pedal. It's a common fault on 500 because it's welded poorly at factory so the metal piece brakes and it messes up the S/S sensor on the clutch pedal. It can be welded back into place but it's a PITA to take out the pedals. Fiat would replace the entire pedal box for this.

Last edited:
Back