Technical stop start not working

Currently reading:
Technical stop start not working

I'm with 2668 GRIFFIN, Mines a 2009, no fancy stuff like the newer ones, thank heavens. I'm afraid, I would not buy a new car now, because of all the stuff I don't want. So my last new car, current Qube, is here to stay...........for a long, long time.
Yep Ditto here
I'm going to get a respray and recon the engine and gear box instead of getting another van, which i was going to do next year.
LUIGI

Hi members.

As someone that does very little milage (2000 pa) and what milage I do is based on very short 6 mile round trips picking the wife up from work, I was very surprised just how long the EFB battery fitted to our Qubo lasted without charging from an external charger.

But like all good things, they come to an end at some point. Stop/start stopped working one day no warning, turned it off then back on again, still nothing.

Having read up on S/S technology the Qubo has what they call a BMS (battery management system) this will if detected turn off the S/S function, also items like air/con function can be reduced. other things that may affect this is if the weather is too cold or too hot.

I have a local garage, I say local, I can see the garage opposite my window the other side of the road, glow/plug warning light was coming on from time to time, a knock from the front nearside strut on rebound, so it was time for some TLC new plugs/struts/top mountain bushes.

I purchased a NOCO G2700 charger armed with the above information, charged the battery over the weekend, all now good on the S/S first time I came to a stop, S/S cut in.

I hope this info helps anyone in the future if you need it.

Phillip.

I use a AA Smart Charger, got it from Amazon at a good price. Works great on keeping my battery well topped up, even though my Qubo is too old for stop/start, it can sit on the drive for 2/3 days & nights. Just monitors the battery and keeps its ready to go.........I used the supplied simple connection kit so only takes moments to connect/disconnect. Great tools...........Cheers Qube O.

Back