Technical Stilo pollen filter?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo pollen filter?

LarryB

Hi there gurus! A question for you....I have a Stilo 115 JTD 5 door, Active model, with NO A/C. It's a 2002 (52 plate) model. Over the last few months the airflow through the vents has reduced to a faint puff (not poof!!) even with the fan on 4. Having read a load of threads about the pollen filter becoming clogged I wondered if I had one on my non-A/C version. Any clues? By the way, the local dealer in Carlisle offered to 'have a look' for £70!!!! I am still waiting for the Fiat helpline to come back with an answer; since yesterday.
:confused:

And theresa guide for changing it :idea: some geezer named deckchair5 :confused: :D

If you wanna meet up, i'll give yours a tug using my technique, and hopefully i can get it to pop out for you. Ask nicely, i'll push it back in as well!!!!!

Sorry couldnt resist that

My turn to :eek: :eek: :eek: now :D

Twinny is gona be soooo jealous :D

Many thanks to the Forum for the advice given on changing the cabin (pollen) filter in my Stilo. It took a bit of wrestling with the side panel but 2 broken plastic fastners later and there it was! The filter was filthy - backed up by four years worth of dust and dead leaves! As it was a Sunday and the dealers were shut, I bashed the old filter about a bit, gave it and the innards of the filter housing a good vacuum and I now enjoy air into the cabin with the windows shut! I did have to remove the plastic cover above the pedals and managed to break those fastners as well! The cover is now sitting on my workbench, waiting for me to get some new fasteners. Thanks again guys.:)

I have followed Deckchair's advice and haven't bothered to put the trim back as it leaves plenty of room to rest my left foot.

It took a bit of wrestling with the side panel but 2 broken plastic fastners later and there it was!
I did have to remove the plastic cover above the pedals and managed to break those fastners as well!

LOL, i know how you feel. I changed mine yesterday, what a nightmare, i had to contort my body into positions i thought impossible!
Filter came out fine but could I get the new one in the gap, could i
f?@k :bang:
45 mins later and many scratches on hands and wrists and eventually managed to get the filter to slide into the gap.

The top and bottom edge strips of the old filter had been cut in 4 precise places so that it could bend into four sections making it easier to fit i presume.
I like a challenge so left my new one complete.

Well worth doing as has improved the air flow, even if dealer charged me £20 for the part.

I have followed Deckchair's advice and haven't bothered to put the trim back as it leaves plenty of room to rest my left foot.

Yeah i tried this but i kicked something off so put the cover back.

The cover then dropped as one of the clips fell out and interfered with the steering column making nasty noises

on a side note, is there a 'performance' cabin filter available, as i didnt change mine, but took it out and gave it a good wash, air flow is much better, but still not as good as it looks capable of. when i was drying off the filter, it seemed to be soooo restrictive, i mean theres no way of getting much air through it

Back