General Stilo Factory Alarm

Currently reading:
General Stilo Factory Alarm

car alarm..

this is going to sound kinder stupid but was all stilos fitted with an alarm as standard? and how would i find out if mine had one with out trying to set it off i have a 1.6 active 2002......

Andy is quite correct. The Abarth has standard remote central locking, deadlocks and an immobilser. As far as I am aware, the immobiliser meets the lowest Thatcham specs.

As for the alarm, if you just want it as a detterant it's probably not worth it. The standard lcoking gives you a flashing LED on the drivers door that looks like an alarm. And all those except the pros will not know any different. And if the pros were interested an alarm wouldn't make a lot of difference. Unless you particularly want extra piece of mind or often keep things that need extra protection in your car I personally wouldn't bother.

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

My 53 Plate JTD doesnt have a flashing LED on the drivers side?

yea defo got deadlocks ... there is a light there, but it doesnt come on, i pulled the clip out and there is a fuse and a connector but no wiring to plug in?

i was trying to find out if my 52 plate JTD has an alarm at the weekend and i can't seem to set it off so not sure if i have!!
there's a siren under the bonnet, sensors on the a pillars and the led in the middle of the windscreen.
i tested it by locking the car from teh remote with the window open. i then waved my arm in the car! all that happened was the indicators flash when the sensors detected the movement. i even reached in and opened the door ffrom the inside handle and it still didn't go off! the leds stayed flashing though!
any ideas what's going on?

Re: STILO Original Car Alarm

Pushing the button twice activates the deadlocks, which means that the internal handles are dead, and the car cannot be opened from the inside.

Brilliant, I didn't know the dead lock dissabled the handles from inside (I always dead lock too).

Now I know I can lock the wife in the car now! (y)

i was trying to find out if my 52 plate JTD has an alarm at the weekend and i can't seem to set it off so not sure if i have!!
there's a siren under the bonnet, sensors on the a pillars and the led in the middle of the windscreen.
i tested it by locking the car from teh remote with the window open. i then waved my arm in the car! all that happened was the indicators flash when the sensors detected the movement. i even reached in and opened the door ffrom the inside handle and it still didn't go off! the leds stayed flashing though!
any ideas what's going on?
You most likely have the after market META alarm fitted.

Siren should be under the scuttle area though (where wipers are) :chin:

You most likely have the after market META alarm fitted.

Siren should be under the scuttle area though (where wipers are) :chin:

cheers for that. i might take a pic and bung it up. see if it spreads any light on it.

i was speaking to a mate who works with italian cars and next time it's in with him he says he'll put it on examiner, see if someone's turned the siren off! i'm still going to try and set it off! could be fun!
i don't know anything about the after market alarms i'll admit! :(

i think the siren is between the battery compartment and the engine if i remember, although my brain is full of snot and cold so i might be wrong! :yuck:

Last edited:
If you have a Meta alarm and the alarm is triggered, does it come up with Theft Attempted (or something similar) on the dash when you next get in the car and the orange security warning light stays on for a while.
My factory alarm does this, and I was just curious if the Meta ones had any interface with the body computer at all.

There's no connection between the Body Computer and META alarm at all.

The non-alarm BC is devoid of the firmware/components necessary to make the factory alarm function so there wouldn't really be much point trying to interface to it.

took a couple of pics of my alarm this morning, it's got a lineaccessori part number on there, so i'm guessing it's a factory alarm?
does this look like a factory alarm to anyone, or a META alarm?

i've never had a any warnings or failures to do with the alarm... like alarm failure or theft attempted.. none of those, even when i've tested the alarm (locked with window open and reach in and open with interior handle.)

Attachments

• alarm_1.jpg
    alarm_1.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 43
  • alarm_2.jpg
    alarm_2.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 40
That IS a META Alarm - except it's never been fitted properly :yuck:

Which is a good clue as to why it doesn't work :(

Argonought, what do you mean by a META alarm? :confused:

I actually managed to set it off at the weekend. i opened the window and then set the alarm. got on with polishing the car and after about 5 minutes it went off. Funny enough, it sounds the same as the one that used to be on my Bravo!

I had been getting the car security failure everytime i got in the car but it hasn't done it for 3 days now! :confused:
Still none the wiser to whats going on though!

Argonought, what do you mean by a META alarm? :confused:
It's the most common after market alarm and you'll find stacks of info if you use search

If I was you, I'd mount it properly in the scuttle area. You'll find mounting bolts already in position so you can make a neat job of it (drivers' side)

It's the most common after market alarm and you'll find stacks of info if you use search

If I was you, I'd mount it properly in the scuttle area. You'll find mounting bolts already in position so you can make a neat job of it (drivers' side)

cheers for that. i feel better knowing what it is now. it was driving me crazy! :bang: did a search and even found a photo of the led on my windscreen that someone else had uploaded.
in the other threads, there loads of queries about the wiring!
i'm wondering if the alarm is the reason why i'm getting the car security failure warning!?

There's no connection at all

"car security failure" is often due to a defective sensor ring behind the ignition lock (validates the key) and is often intermittent.

Once again, try a search for a lot more info.

Back