General Stilo Factory Alarm

Currently reading:
General Stilo Factory Alarm

Mattster

Hi guyz

I'm on the verge of getting an Arbath and am curious about the standard security system that comes with it. Does it have an immobiliser/deadlocks? Is it worth the extra cash for the Fiat optional alarm? Heard somewhere that is meets the Thatcham requirements for here in the UK but not sure on this one!
Grateful for any help/info!
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stilo comes with deadlocks (even vehicles with out alarm as standard), just press the lock button on the keyfob twice to activate when your locking it.

Andy

02 Stilo Dynamic 5 door. Orion Grey. Soon to have 17" OZ Volcanos

Andy is quite correct. The Abarth has standard remote central locking, deadlocks and an immobilser. As far as I am aware, the immobiliser meets the lowest Thatcham specs.

As for the alarm, if you just want it as a detterant it's probably not worth it. The standard lcoking gives you a flashing LED on the drivers door that looks like an alarm. And all those except the pros will not know any different. And if the pros were interested an alarm wouldn't make a lot of difference. Unless you particularly want extra piece of mind or often keep things that need extra protection in your car I personally wouldn't bother.

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

immobiliser deadlocks and the new Fiat Code II with rolling code.For every car everything that comes from the factory is great and complaint.But the most times car-alarm only tells you that something happens to your car it cannot stop from beeing stolen for these things immobiliser deadlocks helps.

5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green

I decided to pay the extra (£150) for the alarm. Reason being is I wanted some form of audible alarm if someone was tampering with my car.

As already mentioned, the car has security devices that help prevent theft (immobiliser) and make entry/exit more difficult (deadlocks) and a visual deterrent (LED light), but nothing to alert you to the fact someone is attempting theft, or damage to, or removal of your car, unless you fit the alarm of course.

I don't think it will make much difference to your insurance premium, but if like me you want one, it's better (and probably cheaper) to get one fitted at source than after you have taken delivery of the car.

Personally, I think it is worth it.

Although you might not hear the alarm but someone in the neighbour will come out to see what happens in fact its an add-on that its not worth to miss

Maybe in Greece neighbours will come and have a look. In the UK (certainly where I am) car alarms are universally ignored. Nobody pays a blind bit of attention when they go off.

Even if your alarm went off when the car was parked outside your house, do you think Mr Criminal will still be there by the time you get to your front door? I don't think so.

Roja

Theres always a chance for you to hear it maybe Mr. Criminal wont be there but its not worth to loose this chance for 150£.Maybe as i said above car-alarm does not really protect your car from beeing stolen but i would pay that money only to brake his nerves at least while his trying

IN GENERAL, CAR ALARMS ARE A WAY TO PREVENT SMALL TIME CRIMINALS OR WANNABES. THE PRO WILL NOT PAY ATTENTION TO IT AND WILL DO THE JOB AND LEAVE. NEVERTHELESS IF ONE IS WILLING TO GIVE THE MONEY, THEN IT IS A GOOD INVESTEMENT.

pantelis
2002 Stilo 80 Active, no alloys, no power tuning, tinted windows, love the sky window though!

Originally posted by rriggs
"Even if your alarm went off when the car was parked outside your house, do you think Mr Criminal will still be there by the time you get to your front door?"

But that's the point!

Maybe car alarms (and house alarms) are ignored to a degree, but anyone that is in your car (or house) is going to be on edge as it is, but if an alarm is going off too they will be even more put off and more likely to call it a day and scarper. In theory anyway. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You make a good point Lead.

We could probably argue the pros (of which there are lots) and the cons (mainly the cost) for months - Maybe that's what the Greeks are talking about in their record breaking post???

All down to personal preference and available cash at the end of the day I guess...

Roja

STILO Original Car Alarm

Hello!
Guys I have a question. My stilo is equipped with the original fiat car alarm, which is armed by the key-buttons.
If you arm the alarm by pressing the lock button twice, then what happens?
I think that you lock the car in a way that it does not open from inside, but is this correct?
Does anybody knows?

Thnx
Haris

Re: STILO Original Car Alarm

Pushing the button twice activates the deadlocks, which means that the internal handles are dead, and the car cannot be opened from the inside. You will hear an extra click when you lock the car.

I did't realise that when I press my unlock button and hold it down for a couple of seconds, the windows open, and visa versa with the lock.
dosen't say owt about it in the hand book:confused:

gearfinger said:
Can the original car alarm be retrofitted? Is the key fob different to the normal one?
I dont have the ultrasonic senors on the roof but I do have the LED on the door, which doesn't do anything.

There is a thread in Technical about this, see here

Haris said:
Hello!
Guys I have a question. My stilo is equipped with the original fiat car alarm, which is armed by the key-buttons.
If you arm the alarm by pressing the lock button twice, then what happens?
I think that you lock the car in a way that it does not open from inside, but is this correct?
Does anybody knows?

Thnx
Haris
On my 04 Stilo MW one click on the remote locks the doors, and there's one flash on the direction indicators, a quick double click deadlocks the doors and you get a triple flash on the indicators. The LED on the drivers door blinks with both these options. ;)

Strange alarm function?

Hey guys,

Strange question i know but when i tested the alarm on the car today (key in boot when locked) i noticed something which seems really strange.

The windows on both the driver and passenger door went down when the alarm sirened.

Now surely if someone broke into my car by smashing the front windscreen this would make their getaway easier???

Its the standard fiat stilo alarm, (with the LED indicator on the front window).

Is my car wired up wrong?

I tested it again today and it did the same.

Matt

Back