Technical Stilo Diagnostics Cables

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Diagnostics Cables

Hi All

Ive Brought A set Of Diagnostic Cables RED Yellow Purple And Green With A KKL Vag Com 409 Interface For My Stilo 1.9 Jtd Multiwagon 2003.

Installed The Drivers In My Laptop together with The Fiatmultiescan Software 2.4 My Airbag light Was On And i Managed to Get into The Airbag Ecu And Reset it as There Was a Lot Of Faults in there anyway Cleared Them And Everything is fine Now That Was done With The Red Lead

Now Im trying To get It To Recognize The Engine Ecu but I dont Know Which cable To use Ive Tried them all but None Connect To The Ecu For Some Reason

Does Anyone Know Which Cable Does What

Also Any Ideas On What I Could Be Doing Wrong

Pete.....

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks For That Studentas I Thought That Might Be the Case But Was,nt sure, ill look Into getting One Of Those ELM Cables Now for Sure

Its not that there,s anything wrong its more the fact i like to be able to check these things myself if anything did go wrong rather than pay and let a garage read the codes

As i,ve already said i,ve cured the airbag problem i had using the leads ive already got.....and that was a result

The More I Read about the ELM lead it seem,s a more comprehensive thing to have in my kit as you seem to be able to check a lot more with it

Pete...

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Can anyone confirm if they the ones or wifi ones? I've seen a tablet installed and ecuscan running whilst car was being used, seemed really cool. I need check the clutch length on the salespeed box

hi Studentas

Yes those are the cables ive been looking at too also this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-ALFA...867?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4193146a13

or even this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM-327-M...586?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463a5c7932

thinking of getting one of these very soon

Hi br4uk

No These are not Bluetooth but there are a few out there, but not sure if they would work with a Fiat Also Those were plugins that go directly into the diagnostic socket just search eBay you find all you need to know there

Pete....

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Will it see the salespeed ecu? I've installed mutiscan run it emulated. Just it just find live data from the car when connected up

Search ebay for multiecuscan elm. Look for one with red, green and yellow adaptors.

I have wireless that I use with iphone but the USB cable with the 3 adaptor cables allows you to connect with all computers on the car. The standard cable will do engine and gearbox though.

I prefer using the USB for serious stuff due to reliable connection too. I use this cable for doing the gearbox diagnostics and for when I replaced the clutch.

I have a WiFi ELM one and cant recommend it highly enough, connects almost every time but I think my issues were it not being plugged in properly, take it off and put it back on and it connects all the time.

This is the one I bought.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231496052402?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have used mine to connect to all the different control units and also used it to live log various parameters on my JTD, I am only using the free
MultiECUscan and I am having no issues at all. Not sure if its recommended but I normally leave mine plugged in so I know where it is and all I need is my laptop to connect to it but I am looking into a Tablet to use on it.

Last edited:
Mario how does it connect, does it just appear on your network? Or does the wifi card say in ya pc talk to it. I wanna buy one just unsure on which one.

Stilopete why both kits, what does the second do?

Hi br4uk

The first kkl kit does the airbag ecu using the red lead but it did,nt connect with anything else so i then brought the the elm lead to access the engine abs and other ecu,s
so the thing is to have the full kit you have to have both the kkl lead and the elm327 lead to make it into full kit along with the coloured adaptor cables that way you can give your car a full test if you want too

you have to download multiecuscan from the website to your computer i have the free version it does what i need you just connect the the kkl cable or the eml cable to your pc via usb

just go to www.multiecuscan.com and down load it also the website will tell you everything you need to know but you dont have to pay those prices that are on that site for the cables you can get the a lot cheaper just look at my post

hope that helps you

Last edited:
Pete that's excellent mate thanks. I would have found out just meant trawling the forums etc, it's been fiat and they said no codes but it's a guessing game what appears when you start the car. Atm got a indemidant airbag, bonnet open, rain and darkness sensor failure, back brake light out, left or right fogs our or even both. Nothing more major so far would be good see what's happening with the codes when the car gives and error

Back