General Stilo Bumper Lights..

Currently reading:
General Stilo Bumper Lights..

i love it when a plan comes together :D

errrrm, should be able to get some, i didn't take any pictures of the mounting whilst doing it (stupid i know), but this weekend I'm going to be swapping my AC compressor and re-aiming the lights (a little too low ATM, and they protrude a bit too much), so ill get some, any specific shots you want em to include (its a very barbarian heavy engineering solution lol)?

Last edited:
My only concern for you is i think i mounted the N/S light where the inter-cooler sits on the JTD, can you confirm if the "space" behind where I've mounted my N/S light is vacant (bar one slanted almost vertical plastic strip)?

Here's a photo of the front passenger side showing the intercooler(bumper reinforcement removed).

The distance from the rear of the bumper to the face of the intercooler tapers from 220mm down to 65mm over a distance of 150mm.

I'm sure I have enough room to install a similar set of lights if I can figure out the best way to mount them. Possibley steal your idea. ;)

Attachments

• 05052011440.JPG
    05052011440.JPG
    854.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
OOOKKKK, it MIGHT work for you because your light units are nowhere near as long as mine, mine are about 8" front to back, maybe 9" :S.

The yellow circled bit, i cut away and where it is marked with red dots i drilled holes to attach the mounting bars

Shadey-light1.jpg

In this one i've drawn effectively what i have....the silver "curves" are the alu. strips, red dots denote fixing points to the front panel, and red arrows denote the direction of the bolt (top one goes right-left bottom one goes top-bottom)

Shadey-light2.jpg

feel free to steal my idea, it works well as that "plastic" isnt really plastic, its got some fibres re-enforcing it, so its very strong and doesn't break without quite a bit of force.

ill try and get a few photos up this weekend, but you get the jist of how i did it?

Felt the need to post even thoguh i dont have any photos....

i had to spend my weekend faffing with a new gearbox fault, didnt get any time ot fiddle with the lights, so no pics were taken :( sorry bout that.

As soon as i get a couple of hours free ill do it, though probably wont be till next weekend, its the 1 year anniversary of my grandmas death this weekend, and in my tradition, everything sort of stops as we have big family gatherings and religious services.

Back