General stilo abarth interior head lineing valet

Currently reading:
General stilo abarth interior head lineing valet

rapidry4n

Hello everyone. is there anyone out there who has cleaned or had cleaned there headlineing in there stilo a ive had mine for two months now and the previous owner was a smoker(y)many thanks

General upholstery cleaner is all you need. The spray on foam type is the easiest but you can also buy concoctions that you make up yourself.

Try on a unobtrusive area first just to make sure of no nasty side affects.

Of course it's going to come up so clean that once you start you'll need continue until you've cleaned the complete headlining :)

As Argo says, "Try on a unobtrusive area first just to make sure of no nasty side affects", but wait for it to dry before deciding whether to proceed.

Last time I (well the g/f) cleaned a similar type of headlining, it looked great after she'd done it but the next day after it had fully dried, the cloth had bubbled up away from the backing and it never went back.

Dave.

I never could get the smoke staining out of mine. General dirt comes out with a car upholstery cleaner, but mine is still a bit of a dirty colour from smoke (When the sun visor is down, you can see a clean rectangle on the head lining)

Easiest way would be to get a new lining from a scrap yard. Unfortunately for me, estates with sky roof are very rare and I have yet to find one.

What you want is a steam cleaner or a vax wet system drives the dirt out. I steam cleaned mine after using some groom (cleaner from halfrauds) and looks like new. :)

Back