General stilo abarth 04 dashboard

Currently reading:
General stilo abarth 04 dashboard

andy monk

Hi can anyone help? Problem started when my temp display went off the dash comp, then thewindows would not open with door control, followed by mirror controls on door panel, every time i went out in my car something new went wrong. Now none of the dials work and the lights stay on! I took it to my local garage, who fixed the window and mirror controls but not the dials on the comp. He says I should take it to the fiat garage and I might need a whole new dash:yuck:!! Has anyone had this problem? If so how much does it cost? PLLLEASE Help!!:cry:

Hi can anyone help? Problem started when my temp display went off the dash comp, then thewindows would not open with door control, followed by mirror controls on door panel, every time i went out in my car something new went wrong. Now none of the dials work and the lights stay on! I took it to my local garage, who fixed the window and mirror controls but not the dials on the comp. He says I should take it to the fiat garage and I might need a whole new dash:yuck:!! Has anyone had this problem? If so how much does it cost? PLLLEASE Help!!:cry:

which part of the dash??

i guess the 2004 Abarth dash has the monochrome lcd display inside, not the colour display?
In that case it is possible to fit a (second-hand/scrapyard) cluster of another (non-Abarth) Stilo , change the silver/white dials , have a Proxy alignment procedure perfomed by your local Fiat dealer and have the mileage adjusted upward to the original mileage.
Beware to buy a cluster with the same or less miles on it as it can't be adjusted downward (legally).
First i would check your battery voltage at key-off , key on and running - low battery voltage can cause all kind of strange failures....

You have too many faults all happening together to be each part causing the fault. It will be something common to all these parts, like a corroded earth point/ connector somewhere.

Thanks for your help, its booked in to our local fiat garage on monday for a quote for the work that needs doin. Will post the quote and the job list when I get it.

Hi Andy - did your dashboard problem get resolved? Sounds similar to the problem on my husband's Stilo so I'd be interested to hear how they sorted it so I can prepare for a big bill :confused:

Hi I have a stilo JTD dynamic 03 plate that has been suffering from the same fault on and off for around 12 months now, sometimes the dash goes haywire 4 or 5 times a day and instuments freeze, and ALL the panel lights stay on, then can go weeks with all ok, the only way I have found to be able to reset the problem is to disconnect the battery for about 5 mins, but it's starting to get me down now as it is happening practicaly every time I turn on the ignition and start the car, I would be interested to know if you got the problem sorted out by your fiat dealer and/or what the cause was.

hi same problem on jtd dash goes haywire windows ok. did you find the problem, cheers.

Back