IMG_3428.jpeg

Stilo Stilo 3 door 1.9 JTD (the Banana)

Introduction

I've been in the Panda section for years now with various Pandas but this is my first Stilo.
Given to me by my Brother in-law a couple of weeks ago. He owned it from new (I was at dealers at the time as I set the deal up) so I've known the car all its days.
It's been sitting at the side of his house for the past 4 years and as you can see is looking a bit sorry for itself. Mechanically its sound, well apart from 2 broken front springs. I plan on bringing it back to life to use a a run round and add a few little things to it as I go along, one of them being a sky roof it is possible, and I'm keeping it yellow although not exactly Broom as I intend to wrap it.

Must say I'm looking forward to working on it.
Reactions: SchumacherMax
Well that's it finished and mot'd. Last job was to fit 20mm spacers all round and they have not affected the handling in any way, no tram lining or any other weird stuff. Have to say I'm well pleased with how it has turned out. It's even returning 45MPG which is nice instead of the 10 the 456 does :oops:

IMG20221020172504.jpg

IMG20221020172523.jpg

IMG20221020172536.jpg

IMG20221015174032.jpg

Are the wheels refurbished?

I have a moody set of the same wheels.. the flaking paint and previous DIY "refurb" suit my tatty old Stilo... but one day I fancy re-spraying the whole thing (car and wheels). However, a lot of wheel refurb places don't spray the centre caps, so I'm wondering who did yours.

Ralf S.

Are the wheels refurbished?

I have a moody set of the same wheels.. the flaking paint and previous DIY "refurb" suit my tatty old Stilo... but one day I fancy re-spraying the whole thing (car and wheels). However, a lot of wheel refurb places don't spray the centre caps, so I'm wondering who did yours.

Ralf S.
I do all my own work Ralf. there were some light scraping on a couple of them which I rubbed down and any pits left filled with finishing putty then sprayed them out of a tin and semi matt lacquer.

The Fiat badges look like they're bonded into a hole in the caps... did you remove them and refit the badges later, or just mask around?

The badges in my caps are faded and one has a crack in it, so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with them,

Ralf S.
Yes I masked around them, couple are indeed fading but I wasn't worrying for now as the car is really just going to be a runabout. If your thinking of replacing them then I would think about using a hairdryer/heatgun on the back of the cap to soften the glue before prising the badge off.

Back