PSX_20150625_125638_zps9u2iinvd.jpg

Stilo Stilo 2003 1.8 Dynamic - Grey Metallic

Introduction

Hello everyone,
I am new to the Fiat Forum and also new to the world of being a Fiat owner here in sunny Brighton.
I picked up this car about 4 weeks ago now and have loved every minute of driving it, its a pretty nippy car and as many will know it drinks petrol and oil like a car twice its size.
Here is a list of work I have done to it since purchasing it last month:
First thing was to top up the oil and give it its first wash and polish.
Replace the nearside headlight unit and bulbs.
Secure the hanging belly pan (gave me a shock the first time I went over a speed bump :eek: ).
Paint the brake calipers Red gloss.
Colour match all the black plastic trim on the body.
Remove the centre exhaust silencer for a straight pipe.
Respray the claw alloys in paint colour BMW graphite metallic.
Tint the front and rear lights.
Colour match the front bumper grills.
Fix a substantial bodywork dent on the rear wing under rear light.
Two new front tyres 205/40/17.
Window tint rear passenger and Rear window.
And just general detailing to the engine and paint chips/scratches.

I have attached some photo's let me know what you guys think, The mileage is a whopping 149,000 but the condition inside and underneath is that of a 70,000 mile car.
Can anyone guess what I paid for the car?.. (y)
All comments welcome! even if it is about my taste in shoes which i keep in the door compartment!
Regards
Sam
Reactions: FSJay
I've been waiting to see what the black alloys & tinted windows looked like on a sassy grey stilo, I wasn't too sure if it would look right, but now I've seen yours... that's my next 2 jobs prioritised!! Cracking!!

Looks good buddy are the headlights fly eye as noticed quite afew like myself are doing them and where you put your shoes is an originsl idea :lol: how much did you get your stilo for? Unfortunately even tho yours look good im not a big fan on claws as seen to many stilos with but good work so far keep it up :thumbs:

I've been waiting to see what the black alloys & tinted windows looked like on a sassy grey stilo, I wasn't too sure if it would look right, but now I've seen yours... that's my next 2 jobs prioritised!! Cracking!!
Yes I almost went full black gloss but I am a fan of claws and wanted to keep the style without blackening it out completely so I chose the gun metal metallic colour instead, best of both worlds beautiful metallic shine in the sun and nice dark glossy black at night.
As for the Window tint If your a hands on person like myself it will cost all of £8.99 to do the lot, a few hours watching the pro's on Youtube and a couple of goes on the back window and mine has turned out very well.

Looks good buddy are the headlights fly eye as noticed quite afew like myself are doing them and where you put your shoes is an originsl idea :lol: how much did you get your stilo for? Unfortunately even tho yours look good im not a big fan on claws as seen to many stilos with but good work so far keep it up :thumbs:
Thanks, yes front and back are flyeye tint, I have never been a great lover of the rear lights I think its the bright red shape but now I love the look now its tinted.
As for the claws I have to say I am a fan of them on Stilo's but not on others like the punto's coupe's etc.
If I could have the Schumacher alloys on it I would, I may hay have to hunt for some after market look a likes.
As for the price a steal at £650 with brand new headlight and 5 litres of oil.

Last edited:
Well before I got my alloys my mate said he had some fiat wheels for sale. Days later no answer from him so bought some 15" alloys (not my wheels I have now) he rings me the next day saying got some alloys if you want them for £60 all good tyres. I said to leave but was I gutted when I saw him and he told me he sold them I asked to see a pic of them and I could of cried to see they were the schumacher wheels and not some 15" fiat alloys

Yes I almost went full black gloss but I am a fan of claws and wanted to keep the style without blackening it out completely so I chose the gun metal metallic colour instead, best of both worlds beautiful metallic shine in the sun and nice dark glossy black at night.
As for the Window tint If your a hands on person like myself it will cost all of £8.99 to do the lot, a few hours watching the pro's on Youtube and a couple of goes on the back window and mine has turned out very well.

£8.99... Bargain, where did you source the film? I prefer to do my own stuff if I'm honest, how hard can it be...! I was thinking of having black alloys, but after seeing this I've been converted, I think the colour looks spot on! I've been iffing and arring about weather to bite the bullet as the cars off the road so could of done alloy refurb, now I want it done the cars a day from being complete....

£8.99... Bargain, where did you source the film? I prefer to do my own stuff if I'm honest, how hard can it be...! I was thinking of having black alloys, but after seeing this I've been converted, I think the colour looks spot on! I've been iffing and arring about weather to bite the bullet as the cars off the road so could of done alloy refurb, now I want it done the cars a day from being complete....
Sourced the film off Ebay, beware of international sellers, china etc. otherwise try ww.window-tint.co.uk they sell professional quality tint which is pre cut for the fiat stilo around £40.

Shopping on flebay now but undecided on LVT %.. What's yours 20%?

Yeah I wanted it on the darker side but not blacked out, I think il go for 20-15%, what should I look out for to avoid the cheap bluey purple haze you get from the cheap films.

Last edited:
Yeah I wanted it on the darker side but not blacked out, I think il go for 20-15%, what should I look out for to avoid the cheap bluey purple haze you get from the cheap films.
that should be a perfect % as for the film its a bit hit and miss as the film I got seemed very good for cheap film nice and firm and thick on the other hand when I bought some from a different seller the film was completely different very thin and flimsy and wasn't for cars, so maybe look at there seller feedback for there tints. sorry i couldn't be more helpful in that respect.

that should be a perfect % as for the film its a bit hit and miss as the film I got seemed very good for cheap film nice and firm and thick on the other hand when I bought some from a different seller the film was completely different very thin and flimsy and wasn't for cars, so maybe look at there seller feedback for there tints. sorry i couldn't be more helpful in that respect.

Yeah I will double check, can get 6m x 57cm (presumably that will fit the height of the rear window?) for £10 so don't seem to bad just worried I'm wasted money on tack! Thanks for the advice though mate!

Also mate, when you did the rear window, because of the slight convex, did you have to use a heat gunto shrink the film or is the window less rounded then I'm thinking?Forgive me as I've not been around the car for a few days so going off memory!

Also mate, when you did the rear window, because of the slight convex, did you have to use a heat gunto shrink the film or is the window less rounded then I'm thinking?Forgive me as I've not been around the car for a few days so going off memory!
yes I used the heat gun on low heat just lightly over the whole film until it formed better but I didn't actually shrink the film like the pro's do as its not as forgiving when you do overheat it, it took me two goes to get the back window done I would suggest tackling the rear passenger windows first before tackling the rear window, hope that helps.
Sam

yes I used the heat gun on low heat just lightly over the whole film until it formed better but I didn't actually shrink the film like the pro's do as its not as forgiving when you do overheat it, it took me two goes to get the back window done I would suggest tackling the rear passenger windows first before tackling the rear window, hope that helps.
Sam

Ahh I see, I got 6 meters so plenty for a few attempts haha! Ordered some carbon wrap for the door pillars as mine have gone rusty, hopefully won't clash to much with the windows tinted aswell.

Ahh I see, I got 6 meters so plenty for a few attempts haha! Ordered some carbon wrap for the door pillars as mine have gone rusty, hopefully won't clash to much with the windows tinted aswell.
Yeah ha ha, took me two goes for the rear window, I have also just bought some carbon vinyl, but mine is for interior trim pieces, let me know how it looks on the pillars as its something I would consider.

I done all my trim peices and it really makes the interior, the only thing I'm considering is changing the interior bulbs to white LEDS! I think there is a photo somewhere of someone who's already wrapped the pillars, if you can't find it i shall post a pic once mines done in the next few days anywho!

update time, after a nightmare of a few days with wheels falling off and manifolds blowing the selfs off! Today I finally got on with tinting and wrapping the pillars! My first question... How the bloody hell did you cover the dot matrix on the rear windows with the tint? I've tried alsorts but it always seems to "float" on the dots?

I did wrap the pillars, but the outcome was absolutely shocking! My pillars were quite smooth and uniform until I put the carbon on but it looks dreadful, unfortunately I couldn't take photos because my phones blown up as well - really isn't my week :bang: - anyway, I brought some body filler today so will do better job over the next couple of days and remember pics for both finishes. The one thing about carbon is it does highlight EVERY SINGLE imperfection.

Yeah ha ha, took me two goes for the rear window, I have also just bought some carbon vinyl, but mine is for interior trim pieces, let me know how it looks on the pillars as its something I would consider.

update time, after a nightmare of a few days with wheels falling off and manifolds blowing the selfs off! Today I finally got on with tinting and wrapping the pillars! My first question... How the bloody hell did you cover the dot matrix on the rear windows with the tint? I've tried alsorts but it always seems to "float" on the dots?

I did wrap the pillars, but the outcome was absolutely shocking! My pillars were quite smooth and uniform until I put the carbon on but it looks dreadful, unfortunately I couldn't take photos because my phones blown up as well - really isn't my week :bang: - anyway, I brought some body filler today so will do better job over the next couple of days and remember pics for both finishes. The one thing about carbon is it does highlight EVERY SINGLE imperfection.
Hi FSJay,
wow sounds like your luck is out at the moment! how did that even happen!?
unfortunately I had the same problem in regards to the black dots around the windows I just live with mine I done the best I could.
I have installed some silver carbon yesterday afternoon in bits of my interior and my black carbon has just arrived which I will be using on my vents, and I may do the pillars if I have some left. look forward to seeing some images of yours.
Sam

Back