Technical Stilo 1.6 non-virgin ECU - start the engine with FIAT CODE

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.6 non-virgin ECU - start the engine with FIAT CODE

TheBlackRazor

Hello. Has anyone succeeded in starting the engine with a non-virgin ECU (e.g., pulled from a running car) and starting it on another Stilo using the 5-digit security FIAT CODE? If the FIAT CODE resides inside the Body Computer (ECM) why it didn't start in my case? The FIAT CODE works fine with the original ECU (I tested it using tinfoil around the key to purposefully block the immo signal from the key). What is actually happening when the 5-digit FIAT CODE is sent? Do I need the original 5-digit code from the donor car?

Please let me know as I want to help a friend with a broken Stilo (hard start when cold, no start when hot etc) and we don't want to pay to virginize the ECU if we don't have to. Cause his problems might reside elsewhere.

code is stored in bodycomputer and paired with ecu for the first use. after that every time before starting engine system checked if matched. To start engine with other ecu you must enter a code from the donor car via emergency starting, this procedure you must repeat before each start. sorry for my english.

So if I understand correctly, I have to use the FIAT Code that is written to the ECU (i.e., from the donor car, where the ECU T1, T9 etc was working fine) in order to ignore the BCM on the test car, and then it will start?

Hello. Has anyone succeeded in starting the engine with a non-virgin ECU (e.g., pulled from a running car) and starting it on another Stilo using the 5-digit security FIAT CODE? If the FIAT CODE resides inside the Body Computer (ECM) why it didn't start in my case? The FIAT CODE works fine with the original ECU (I tested it using tinfoil around the key to purposefully block the immo signal from the key). What is actually happening when the 5-digit FIAT CODE is sent? Do I need the original 5-digit code from the donor car?

Please let me know as I want to help a friend with a broken Stilo (hard start when cold, no start when hot etc) and we don't want to pay to virginize the ECU if we don't have to. Cause his problems might reside elsewhere.
Most modern cars today, in the dashes, have to have a speak together before the vehicle will start, until the Trans ECU. Engine ECU and Speedo/speed senor, can communicate, there will be no action in the station. Nobody will be home. Speed sensors and Dashes are what save your car being stolen. exactly what is is done for, so parts cannot be interchanged, by crooks.

Back