General Still missing parts of Haynes?? + how can i remove headrest?

Currently reading:
General Still missing parts of Haynes?? + how can i remove headrest?

tkamin

Hi!
two questions:
I've already asked about this but still no one has accepted the challenge of completing the missing chapters of the Haynes manual...
if anyone has it and can upload the few missing chapters/pages it would be greatly appreciated...

second, I've been trying to remove the head rest from the front seats in order to put a new cover on them but i can't find a handle or anything to remove them - does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,
Tzvika

Certainly if you've got a low spec model like I had the headrests don't come off at all as they are part of the seat frame.

Ive got an Uno 45 and the plastic headrests do come off.

If you unhook the material at the back on the bottom of the seat and reach up to the top, there are two clips (look like big hair clips) that slide into grooves in the metalrods that are part of the headrest.

All you need to do is slide them out and the headrest lifts off.

If the headrests have two round plastic-covered column-shaped supports, and if the headrest is padded and covered with seat material, it's easy. Just turn the posts 90 degrees outwards, and lift the head restraint off.

If the headrest is made of dark-coloured moulded foam, with the rectangular holes, then see chrisunoman's post :)

By the way in case anyone else is thinking of taking the head restraints off, and leaving them off, don't. Whiplash injuries can last the rest of your life...

-Alex

thnx for your help on removing headrests... will try it today...

abouyt the haynes manual:
i simply can't buy it on ebay since shipment to Israel would be very very expensive! i'm just asking that if someone has the original if he could take the time to upload the missing few chapters so that everyone (!) could enjoy the full and complete manual... i'm sure some people around here have it... just please make the affort for us!

thanks,
Tzvika

Copyright and Licences FAQs

Q 1-1: How much may I photocopy from books and journals?
A: For private study or non-commercial research you may copy, under "fair dealing":
* 5% or one chapter, whichever is greater, of a book
* 10% of a small book or report of 200 or fewer pages
* one article from any one issue of a journal

Otherwise all the handouts you got at school would all be illegal.....

Hi!
two questions:
I've already asked about this but still no one has accepted the challenge of completing the missing chapters of the Haynes manual...
if anyone has it and can upload the few missing chapters/pages it would be greatly appreciated...

second, I've been trying to remove the head rest from the front seats in order to put a new cover on them but i can't find a handle or anything to remove them - does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,
Tzvika

i had the same problem, at the back of the seat undo the zip, at the top under the seat cover there should be the 2 columns from the headrest, there will be a plastic clip at the bottom with 3 parts that hold the column in, pull back these 3 clips at the bottom of each side and u should be able to pull the headrest straight out, be careful that u dont pull the zip out at the top

i had the same problem, at the back of the seat undo the zip, at the top under the seat cover there should be the 2 columns from the headrest, there will be a plastic clip at the bottom with 3 parts that hold the column in, pull back these 3 clips at the bottom of each side and u should be able to pull the headrest straight out, be careful that u dont pull the zip out at the top

Thanks for the advice, though you're answering a question that was posted five and a half years ago...

;)

Back