sticking valves

Currently reading:
sticking valves

bredsticz

I like to be different!
Hi all, does anyone have any tips or hints on freeing up a stuck valve or lifter?

I have a car running rough. its much smoother once warming up and if you hold above 2.5k rev it runs better. no eml on. exhaust blows and sucks when running rough.

Don't wan to take the head off if i don't have to so whats best options from here?
Do oil additives really work or are they another k-seal type product?

I would chuck a bottle of forte motor flush in.
then get the engine nice and hot and then change the oil and filter.

Have you done it yourself before? Just wondered if anyone has had it work for them. Probably going to be cheapest and easiest for me though

yes I have. no guaranties it will work but as you have said cheapest option to start with

This is how you do it, but you need a weekend, add the oil treatment Friday night, run for specified time on bottle then turn it off, leave over night start in morning till tappets go quiet or for specified time again, leave again start in evening, do this many times as possible, what it does is get the cleaner into the tappets, last time full warm up and drain, then put in OEM SPEC OIL!
Too thick and it will affect tappets, too thin and it will affect them also,
Only sure fix is replace the tappets or squeeze them out in a vice them place them overnight in fresh oil.

it's a peugeot 307. 1.4 petrol.
high mileage and looks neglected service wise.
Thank you grandeguy. I'm gonna sort it hopefully this month at some point. Just need some time spare, and it'ds cold out now :p

Back