Technical stereo problems

Currently reading:
Technical stereo problems

Lurkio

Hey, i bought a fiat brava yesterday, the stereio doesnt work, when i turn the ignition the desplay lights up but does not display anything, i dont know what type of stereo it is, but i persume it is the original that came with the car as it is all built into the dash board. i dont have a user handbook as of yet. someone said to me that it might require a code, but if it did surly it would say this on the desplay panel?? any ideas people??

ALSO>

When i change gear sometimes it grinds as though i havnt put the clutch down proply, but it only does this sometimes.

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!! THANKS :worship:

Hi there and Welcome, I have not been here long myself. With regards to your stereo question, there are a few different types of stereo for these cars depending on age. I think though there should be a clock on display as this is the clock for the car. Does the stereo have a round volume knob on the left of the unit? if so push it to turn it on. I cant remember how to turn the other type on. But the clock should be displayed.

As for gearbox, have a check on your slave cylinder it might be slightly weepy making gear change slightly different on a few occasions cos it does not operate the clutch to its full extent thus making it crunch.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, there is a button on the top left, it says at the side of it (ON/OFF, VOLUME) i have pressed this and still nothing happens, no clock, no nothing, the display is lighting up but nothing on the actual display, it is a X reg fiat brava. any ideas??

As for the clutch i aint got a clue lol. i am useless when it comes to the inner workings of a car. so i am gratefull for any info and ideas to help my knowledge gain in experience lol.

Hi. Getting these stereos out can be tricky if you dont have the correct removal tools. I am not sure if there is a fuse on the rear of the unit. If there is no clock at all then it is clearly dead. The fuse in the car for the stereo is behind the removable panel to the right of the steering wheel, although I dont have a car manual so I cant see which one it is, but my haynes manual says it is F1, F2 and F10. So check behind there anyway. Beware if you find a blown one, replace it with same size as it would have blown for a reason. With regards to clutch, the slave cylinder is located on the top of the gearbox underneath the battery tray. If it is leaking then you will see oily fluid around it and across the top of the gearbox. Good luck.

Having doing further research on the internet i am 99% sure the stereo is a Fiat Brava Grundig AD182 H2. that is from looking at pictures and things. had a quick look at the fuses, did see anything wrong really everything was fine, so the mystery continues lol...

My head is starting to hurt now lol. Any further info and solutions would be gratefullly accepted :)

Hi,
Through experience of owning a few cars just looking at the fuses isnt always the best idea take them out and inspect them, if they are all ok have you got an arial on the car ive had three cars with stolen arials and have had this sort of problem,water gets in and runs down the cable, impossible your thinking maybe not lol!!
As for the clutch slave cylinder all the way try bleeding the system also if its ok for a while then thats your answer!
Previous vehicles: frontera, peugeot 205 x2, rover 25 and now me bravo wohoooooooooooo
Mike

Update on the stereo, after messing about most of the weekend with it, and having no joy:bang:.

I switched the engine on this morning to go to work and the clock came on, it doesnt work mind, its been 1:45 for the last 20 hours lol. but still we have a clock.
So god knows wats up with it, any help will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Atleast on the clock front, it's right twice a day! Sounds like possibly dodgy connections inside the unit. I would just bin it and get a replacement from Ebay. There on there quite regularly. Any joy on the clutch cylinder yet?

Back