General Stereo modification

Currently reading:
General Stereo modification

sunbeamsupreme

Is it possible to fit the steering wheel with stereo controls from another Stilo to my Multiwagon, is the wiring already in the car, what bits do I need if this can be done, can it be done at home easily or is it an auto electrician job. Has this job been done before, any advice welcome thanks.

Thanks, is the coil spring refered to as a clock spring in the workshop manual and when I get a steering wheel I will need these bits too. It is also a pity those instructions are in German as they could be just what I need.

yes i meant clock spring (i'm Dutch so sometimes it's difficult to find the proper description...) - the pictures on the site are pretty well self-explanatory , you have to connect three extra wires on a (Abarth) clockspring - if you buy a used one pay attention to keep it aligned in it's original position because it needs a certain slack to both sides.
I did my Connect Nav+ and steering wheel modification this way and it works 100%!

Thanks Yellowstilo I shall now look into this but do I have to use an Abarth clockspring or will any stilo with one of these steering wheels be OK.

Thanks Yellowstilo I shall now look into this but do I have to use an Abarth clockspring or will any stilo with one of these steering wheels be OK.

with the Abarth clockspring you have all functions for certain - a clockspring from another version will also work if it comes from a car with steering wheel buttons - ás far as i know a low- and high version of the CAN-node inside the steering wheel exist (only radio control or all CN+ options)

I am hoping to get all the bits from a breakers yard so I will get the wheel and clockspring from the same car if not I may get the wheel and buy an arbarth spring from Fiat, also what is this CN+ all about. Thanks.

Back