Styling Stereo Facia - Silver??

Currently reading:
Styling Stereo Facia - Silver??

ChrisF

I'm just about to go an pick up one of these Alpine 9850Rihttp://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/a2324.det.CDE-9850Ri_CD---MP3---WMA-Receiver.htm

I've got the 54 Plate active sport which has the silver vents and stereo, does anyone know if

a) is there a silver facia available?
b) if it's possible to get a black facia colour matched to the oem stereo colour?
c) if there is a colour number available for the stereo colour?

I could probably airbrush the facia myself and visually colour match it, but if anyone knows, it would save me some time. Was actually thinking it might be cool to buy some flip purple/blue paint and airbrush the facia and vents and interesting colour, does anyone know if the silver vents surrounds can be removed?

Last edited:
Bought the Autoleads fascia with the pocket and it looks awful, maybe look better once it's got a head unit in it. It doesn't seem to fit right around the air vents, they seem to be slightly rounded, the fascia isn't. Gaps at either side....grrr

Edit-

There is a nice shiny "Audi Crystal Silver" (best match i could find) fascia sitting drying on my dining room table, actually looks pretty sweet in silver, need to give it a few hours to dry and I'll pop it in and see how it looks. Going to be to late to go and get my head unit today. The paint job isn't the best, it ran a little at the sides but it's passable for a tester.

Last edited:
Well...

I would but somebody (me) dropped it face down onto newspaper while it was tacky and ruined it, pissed off, was looking great too.

Was looking into getting one sprayed professionally today, there is a bodyshop near by that have agreed to try and colour match it from the silvers they have instock to save buying loads of paint.

Picked up the non cubby hole version to get sprayed and actually quite liked it in black with my new Head Unit so decided to leave it. Best advice i can offer, go buy a face plate and give your local car sprayer/bodyshop a call.

https://www.fiatforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22520&d=1167321387

That was bad luck with the silver paint and the newspaper :(
no photo of that one?

Maybe the paint was a little too thick. Would look best as a matt finish also. I'm sure that a professional result could be achieved - I'd use a basecoat from a paintshop (the type that requires a clearcoat), except I'd leave off the clearcoat, for that satin finish.

As I recall, Blaupunkt do a double-DIN fascia: https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo-styling/34741-double-din-facia-panel.html?highlight=double+din

I'll be sticking with my Connect Nav+, for appearance if not functionality! The navigation can't be used in NZ, and the phone is no use either due to Vodafone not being able to provide a second SIM with the same Prepay number... or of course not being able to provide call diversion from a Prepay phone... :rolleyes: My friends also wonder why they can't watch DVDs on the screen. At least the stereo works - apart from that 'restarting from the beginning' problem...

-Alex

Last edited:
Nah, no photos, threw the bloody thing in the bin LOL

In hindsight tho, the alpine head is a darker titanium colour which actually looks much better against a black fascia, sets it off nicely.

look into sim cloning alex ;)

Thanks for the idea :)

I did a little research and found that it's illegal in NZ after a change to the Telecommunications Act 2004.

The operator will investigate any cases where cloning appears to have occurred. That means my handset would have to be switched off every time I switch on the ignition of the Stilo! And if I didn't, there would be a court appearance... ;)

I think I'll wait until either call forwarding/tandem SIMs become available on Prepay, or I decide to switch to a contract plan while keeping the same number (which is mooted to become possible early this year).

-Alex

Back