Ducato Steering wheel problem

Currently reading:
Ducato Steering wheel problem

e winch

Hello

I have joined this forum although I don't yet own a Fiat. My difficulty is......
I have unusually long shins. Consequently my knees tend to jam under steering wheels.
I'm hoping to buy a motorhome, the majority of which are built on SEVEL chassis. I want an autobox which are normally supplied with Ducato vans. Can anyone tell me what is available in dished steering wheels for Ducato and what is the latest year they can be fitted to?

Are wheel spacers a better alternative and can they work with things like on - wheel controls?

I imagine airbag fitted wheels are impossible, thereby establishing a cut off date.

Electronically hopeless. I need information, please, about items and companies that could help.

Hello

I have joined this forum although I don't yet own a Fiat. My difficulty is......
I have unusually long shins. Consequently my knees tend to jam under steering wheels.
I'm hoping to buy a motorhome, the majority of which are built on SEVEL chassis. I want an autobox which are normally supplied with Ducato vans. Can anyone tell me what is available in dished steering wheels for Ducato and what is the latest year they can be fitted to?

Are wheel spacers a better alternative and can they work with things like on - wheel controls?

I imagine airbag fitted wheels are impossible, thereby establishing a cut off date.

Electronically hopeless. I need information, please, about items and companies that could help.
Don't know of much choice in steering wheels , in the past there was always companies making, sports smaller diameter wheels etc.
Many vehicles give adjustable up and down on the steering column, but presumably even in highest position it wouldn't be sufficient.
Is it possible to go from the other direction and lower the seat in some way to give knee clearance?
Apart from that, all you can do is try various makes of vehicle to find the best resolution. Probably more expensive but American vehicles do seem to cater for "larger " proportions which may be another direction to try.
Many years ago I had a customer with very small feet and by raising the floor level he was able to drive much more comfortably.

Last edited:
Don't know of much choice in steering wheels , in the past there was always companies making, sports smaller diameter wheels etc.
Many vehicles give adjustable up and down on the steering column, but presumably even in highest position it wouldn't be sufficient.
Is it possible to go from the other direction and lower the seat in some way to give knee clearance?
Apart from that, all you can do is try various makes of vehicle to find the best resolution. Probably more expensive but American vehicles do seem to cater for "larger " proportions which may be another direction to try.
Many years ago I had a customer with very small feet and by raising the floor level he was able to drive much more comfortably.
Thanks for your reply. The standard adjustment range just isn't enough. I have tried quite a few¹ Unfortunately lowering the seat doesn't change the shin length so it's not an option. Good point about American RVs but I can barely afford to fuel a frugal European engine....

I'm sure someone makes bits that will help.

regards

Thanks for your reply. The standard adjustment range just isn't enough. I have tried quite a few¹ Unfortunately lowering the seat doesn't change the shin length so it's not an option. Good point about American RVs but I can barely afford to fuel a frugal European engine....

I'm sure someone makes bits that will help.

regards

Yes, I was hoping the lower seat would increase the gap from steering wheel to knee. Nothing simple in life eh!:)

Back