Technical Steering Wheel Controls

Currently reading:
Technical Steering Wheel Controls

Timchsfld

Just purchased a 2004 Punto HGT 1.8 - the steering wheel controls do not work. It seems to have the original Blaupunkt stereo, cd changer and sat nav fitted. The only thing different is an extra code hand written in the log book for 'radio'. I am just wandering if there is a possibility of the radio unit being replaced at some point. Or this could be a code for the remote locking? The car only came with one blue key which does not have a remote lock on it.

I have seen a thread saying to disconnect the battery for 20 mins. My only concern is that once reconnected if it isn't the original radio unit that I could have problems entering the codes and then its a trip to Fiat for an expensive 'well we can work round it' fix.

So I guess my questions are 'does the factory fitted stereo normally require two codes' and 'does disconnecting the battery sound a good starting place'? Any other insights gratefully received.

If you have a look in the ICE section, you'll see a thread which you can post on to obtain the code, it'll require a small donation to the forum as a goodwill gesture.

My first port of call would be to slide the headunit out and just check all the connections in the rear of the unit are seated correctly. I've not looked at the Mk2b's but in the Grande the steering controls are part of the main ISO black so they may have been cut for some reason, worth a look.

Back