General steering wheel and gear knob

Currently reading:
General steering wheel and gear knob

steering wheel would cost a fortune no doubt, same about fitting.

gear knob would be ok, so long as it was a T-jet, as the starjet and m-jet are 6 speed.

you could fit it yourself aswell without too many problems i suspect.

think there is a sporting steering wheel (no airbag) on the bay at the moment come to think of it.

thought id replied to this:confused:

thanks for the link juwel-180

thanks for the advice tris.

im gonna ask my dealer about fitting costs but the intention is to buy the wheel and gear knob and then dye the stitching but will see how it goes.

I think the new steering wheels have different fitments than the older ones. Carl id recommend doing it with a Fiat dealer, as I wouldnt like to play with the airbag as its a life saving device. Your looking between £250-£300 for a steering wheel and probably £50-£150 for labour. Gear knob probably around £40 ( a complete guess ) but the only easy thing to attach out of both. If willing to spend that much on a steering wheel than your mad. You need to pass your test, sort your insurance out and learn the road on your own before thinking of all this. Its the little things that you should consider first before jumping in at the deep end wheel with £300 steering wheels and £400+ alloys etc etc. Know the car before you change anything. You would be mortified if you crashed your GP after spending hundreds on it. Obviously I wish you all the best for your test and then the open road and not to crash!!!! . I think your going about 5 steps ahead of your self. God I sound like my dad! :rolleyes: (y)

I think the new steering wheels have different fitments than the older ones.

yep they have different hubs, or so ive read.

Carl id recommend doing it with a Fiat dealer, as I wouldnt like to play with the airbag as its a life saving device. Your looking between £250-£300 for a steering wheel and probably £50-£150 for labour. Gear knob probably around £40 ( a complete guess ) but the only easy thing to attach out of both. If willing to spend that much on a steering wheel than your mad.

i wont be fitting it myself ill get the wheel and gearknob (*cough* ebay) and then get them fitted by my dealer. but first will find out if it can definately be done and if so how much it will cost.

You need to pass your test, sort your insurance out and learn the road on your own before thinking of all this. Its the little things that you should consider first before jumping in at the deep end wheel with £300 steering wheels and £400+ alloys etc etc. Know the car before you change anything. You would be mortified if you crashed your GP after spending hundreds on it. Obviously I wish you all the best for your test and then the open road and not to crash!!!! .

this is true.

I think your going about 5 steps ahead of your self.

sounds about right tbh :p

im not expecting it to be cheap. it was actually suggested by my ma.

and im currently well on the way towards my wheels so they will be happening very soon. but yes i have my test soonish so will try not to get too carried away.

Back