Technical Steering problem

Currently reading:
Technical Steering problem

Sbmarques

Hello everybody. I have a 2010 Panda and started having problems with the steering. In the morning, after the car is turned off all night, in the first few minutes the steering is unstable, the steering light comes on and off on the panel, and the steering is hard and goes back to light several times. The battery is new, so I don't believe it's her. I believe it's the steering motor, does anyone know if I can find one to buy?

You can change whatever you want, we will help you with part numbers

But it highly unlikely to be the motor

The fact it only fails after the car has rested is already telling you it's a power/ground issue

I suggest you park the car remove the battery and put it on charge over night

Then see if it fails the following morning

Hello everybody. I have a 2010 Panda and started having problems with the steering. In the morning, after the car is turned off all night, in the first few minutes the steering is unstable, the steering light comes on and off on the panel, and the steering is hard and goes back to light several times. The battery is new, so I don't believe it's her. I believe it's the steering motor, does anyone know if I can find one to buy?
It is the steering system that is causing the issue. Have you a OBD2 reader, pref Delhi or similar as that is who makes the unit. Read what the steering angle sensor is giving, it should be stationary with the steering wheel not moving and go +/- depending on turning left/right. Cant remember which is +/-. If it jumps wildly, then it is that that is the problem, otherwise it is tracking / not self centered.

If the steering angle sensor fails in the 169, it is a £700+ reconditioned steering column to fix it as the steering angle sensor allignment to the steering column is not an easy job to do without Delphi tools etc. Yes, you an rezero the sensor, but i it is not installed perfectly perpindicular to the shaft it will not read right. Also, doing that job involves removing the column. The steering column comes preassembled from Delphi to the Fiat factory for them to install it. As a result, the only ones that could fix it is Delphi and not fiat. There is a co. in UK that will sell a recon unit.

Back