Technical Steering angle sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Steering angle sensor

Akaki

Hello.
I had to change my steering angle sensor because steering wheel was vibrating really hard. After replacing it steering wheel spins by itself on the right side. Then I read thread about this problem and followed guide, which was about getting centre of it or something perfectly. I tried it, but now steering wheel is hard as a rock. Did I ruin new sensor?

What did you do/use to recalibrate the sensor? (MES/otherwise)
From memory: I was extra careful when installing my new sensor (column out of the car) and although eventually I calibrated, it was fine from the first startup. Steering as hard as a rock would mean no power to the motor.
What about dis/reconnecting the battery and reading Voltages engine running and off?

gr J

not sure there is an easy way to move forward

if the steering column is working and the sensor is faulty then you will see the steering error light on the dash

The easiest way to tell if the senor is reading correctly is with software and plot the steering angle.

with the front wheels off the ground. Steering lock off. Does the steering move freely from lock to lock. You should be able to push and pull on the wheel and watch the steering wheel spin.

Back