General steelies

Currently reading:
General steelies

well my steelies on my car loook crap tbh, was gonna get alloys but no money atm :cry: :cry:

mine are rusty here and there and horrible to look at, anyone done anything with theres like paint or what eevr?

all ideas helpful as i want to make them look at least semi-decent lol

ty

J

There's nothing like good old fashioned hard manual work to sort out something like this. A good brushing with a wire brush then a coat of hammerite will have them looking good again for very little outlay. Depending on your viewpoint on hard work, you may want to opt for a rotating wire brush head that you can fit to an ordinary drill to relieve you from manual brushing, which takes ages and is hard work if you do it properly.

Edit: If you go for the rotating brush DO wear eye protection. I won't be held responsible if you subsequently damage your eyesight by taking my advice. ;)

Last edited:
A bit of sand/woodchip blast & paint works wonders :cool:

Attachments

• refurb9.JPG
    refurb9.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 14
just paint em up with whatever paint colour u'd like. u can get rid of the rust easy enough with a power drill / sanding attachment, and then give it a zinc primer to stop it from rusting again (in theory!) U can also paint the rims silver by use of masking, make it look like a split rim lol. Finally a layer of clear laquer to give it a shine definately if its a metalic.

here are some pics of my wheels and also my bro's mini, who 2 toned his!
Paint should cost bout £40 in total, so tis up to u. This depends on number of coats etc up to u how much time and money u wanna put aside for this really.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Si

As everyone else said.. paint em and they look grand.. silver or white are good or if you care for it black.. 5 quid hlafrauds spray can will do it.. Mine looked new after paint and new tyres

well, perhaps gold, allways thought gold goes well with red, nice bright yellowy gold is best. U could paint the rims silver (y) lol

I supose otherwise all silver wouldnt look too bad either, like they were standard, mayb a brighter silver tho.

Some were white on the sisleys i think.

Those are my suggestions, try them out on photoshop see how they look, its what i do when i wanna try summit without taking a risk.:D

Cheers
Si

It's a matter of personal preference. Paint them whatever colour you like. Personally, I think silver or white would suit the car very well. I hate gold wheels (n)
On light coloured cars I think wheels of a dark colour work very well but on dark coloured cars the opposite is true.

Back