Technical Steaming Up Problems

Currently reading:
Technical Steaming Up Problems

Hey
I took that off the other week to see if it was the Pollen filter was damp, but my car wasn't fitted with one, and the Hays manual says only a few are fitted with one. All that was there like a place where the pollen filter would go and a hole where water drains out of and I could see right to the floor and there was loads of dead leafs which was I cleaned out. Is this the drain/hole you mean? Once it was cleaned it did improve. But I'm still steaming now its almost instant and its the passenger side is the first to steam. I do get this awful damp smell. The other day my car puffed out some steam/smoke out from the blowers what does this mean? Its the second time its done it. The first time I just thought it was like when its cold outside and you breathe u can see your breath. Is there anything else I should check before I start looking into getting a new matrix?

Yeah that was what I was on about, and your car won't have a pollen filter.

If that didn't solve your problem the only thing left is the heater matrix, especially if the vents are blowing smoke/steam, even in freezing weather it shouldn't do that.

Back