Technical starting problem in MJD 1.3 diesel

Currently reading:
Technical starting problem in MJD 1.3 diesel

madjay22

I have a peculiar starting problem. sometimes my vehicle starts with a single short self. sometimes it fails to start even after long cranking. OBD scan showed errors for diesel pump and relay. serviced diesel pump and checked relay .than OBD scan showed no faults . but the problem still persists. I have changed the battery, serviced the diesel pump, changed diesel filter, cleaned injectors and EGR . did all that is required to maintain the vehicle . but the problem is still persisting. there are no indicators in dash board of any faults. I live in hot climate and the problem is not specific to the morning hours. it happens anytime of the day . I have no issues in pick up and mileage. no loss of pick up or power during drives in plans and hills. all is perfect. second i have noticed that if i give the ignition and than switch off and than again try to start it starts immediately without any problem.my vehicle has clocked 1,40000kms . what else can I do ....

I have a peculiar starting problem. sometimes my vehicle starts with a single short self. sometimes it fails to start even after long cranking. OBD scan showed errors for diesel pump and relay. serviced diesel pump and checked relay .than OBD scan showed no faults . but the problem still persists. I have changed the battery, serviced the diesel pump, changed diesel filter, cleaned injectors and EGR . did all that is required to maintain the vehicle . but the problem is still persisting. there are no indicators in dash board of any faults. I live in hot climate and the problem is not specific to the morning hours. it happens anytime of the day . I have no issues in pick up and mileage. no loss of pick up or power during drives in plans and hills. all is perfect. second i have noticed that if i give the ignition and than switch off and than again try to start it starts immediately without any problem.my vehicle has clocked 1,40000kms . what else can I do ....
When you first turn the key before actually starting, does the electric lift pump in the tank audible operate every time?
The reason I ask is one of my daughters had a 06 Grande Punto 1.3MJ that the actuating wire for the fuel pump relay had rotted through inside it's plastic sheathing just a short distance from the ECU on the inner wing.
A weak fuel pump relay could cause similar symptoms also.
I assume no air leaks in supply? Though if that was the case you would expect it to start and then die/misfire.

Back