Technical Starting Issue - Help/Advice Needed!

Currently reading:
Technical Starting Issue - Help/Advice Needed!

dsuttle84

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster.

Have an 07 Grande Punto 1.2 8v Active, love it to bits, but it won't start today.

Battery is less than 3 months old, and is fully charged.

Tried jump starting it from a second, also fully charged battery, nothing. Tried jump starting from another running car, also nothing.
When I turn the ignition, I can hear a clicking sound from the fuse box, but nothing else.
I assume it's not the starter motor, as that has also been replaced in the last few months. Car has also just had a full service and MOT.

Any advice, tips or pointers you guys could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Also, just to add, it did start once today. I turned the key and got the clicking sound, held it turned for at least 7 or 8 seconds, then the engine fired into life.
Switched off, tried the same method again.....nothing.

All seems to be ok, Starter Motor has been recently fitted. All connections seem ok.

Still stumped on this!

service & MOT means nothing as these systems are not even checked.

I suspect your car is one of the ones fitted with a starter relay that can give the 'delayed' effect you mention. Worth checking the engine bay fusebox/connectors for water ingress. (heavy rain recently or been through large puddles?)

R.E Starter motor connections, jacked the car up, examined them by torchlight, Can't see or feel anything loose or damaged, will have another look in daylight.

Ta, will check the fuse's in the morning.

Have a had a few days of heavy rain recently.

Back