Technical Starter motor wiring

Currently reading:
Technical Starter motor wiring

DaveMcT

Distinguished member
I'm trying to get the starter to work on the JTD/M-Jet. Nothing is happening. It's totally quiet, no clicks, nothing. I assume the starter trigger wire is not connected properly, but who knows.

Stupidly, I don't have photos of the wiring. I guess it all looked too obvious. I now have the engine in the car can't really see what's going on and no trigger to the starter.

Does anyone have wiring diagram for the starter? Even better images of how the alternator and starter loom is supposed to be clipped and connected. I imagine the petrol cars are the same but who knows. I can't easily check mine as my stands are all in use under the diesel.

I might have sussed it with this -

The trigger is the large diameter ring terminal. I need to get under again and see what I've got wrong with the connections. Big mistake was not fitting the engine wiring loom BEFORE putting the engine into the car. Ho Hum. Let's see how it goes.

The plastic cover around the heavy cables and trigger wire/ring was not seated properly. It holds the trigger ring contact into place. It's all done now and the starter works great.

Back