Currently reading:
Technical Starter issues

Fred2184

So.. Here's the story.
Car (100hp) wouldn't start one day.. Symptoms pointed to the starter. It bump starts OK.
As a matter of negating issues. I changed the earth wire under the battery box. It was fooked.

New starter in. I forgot the wire layout. Tried alsorts of ways. It still won't start..

I've attached two photos. One with how I've left it. And the other is a wire that I've no idea if it's a cause or what. But no idea where it goes.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• DSC_0367.JPG
    DSC_0367.JPG
    840.5 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0369.JPG
    DSC_0369.JPG
    713.9 KB · Views: 42
the small cable goes on the same post first. Then a plastic spacer/insulator that holds it down also, missing in your photo

I will see if I can find a photo

its harder to explain than show

Last edited:
temp.jpg
small cable with large washer goes under here
then the large cable on top
if you have tried to start the car with the small cable touching the chassis it will blow a fuse also

small cable energizes the solenoid, Without it the starter will do nothing

Small cable.. Is that the cable with the 90 degree section on it... I've got a black cable too. Does that fit in there somewhere as well..

View attachment 405774 small cable with large washer goes under here
then the large cable on top
if you have tried to start the car with the small cable touching the chassis it will blow a fuse also

small cable energizes the solenoid, Without it the starter will do nothing
Just to make sure I'm getting it right.. Small cable with large washer under here.. Is that the end with or without that metal part.. Does the metal bit there go inwards or outwards..

Plus. Neither r look small

the loose wire in your second photo goes like this and is held down by the spring washer

the thick wires go on the screw down post afterwards and are insulated from the small wire by the plastic clip

temp.jpg
washer

So... The black big O wire under that cap first... Then the red ones after? Are the red ones separate from each other or can they touch

I'm really sorry for sounding an idiot..
So to summarise..

On the bar it goes. Black wire, plastic cap, then both reds?

Thankyou very much for your help... It worked. It now starts up... Just got another issue I posted up with temp sensor now.. 👀😂

Back