Technical Starter issues, help!

Currently reading:
Technical Starter issues, help!

alberto2000

Hi guys, I have a weird issue with my 141A 1108 4x4 Panda from 2003: battery is at 12.7V but the starter isn't able to kickstart the motor unless I hook the battery up with an external jumpstarter.

Is it the starter? Could it be the alternator?

I've noticed that starting the car would get more and more sluggish / slow in the past few weeks. Also, the car radio would start not remembering the time and date.

If anyone could point me towards some idea that would be awesome. Thanks!

Hi guys, I have a weird issue with my 141A 1108 4x4 Panda from 2003: battery is at 12.7V but the starter isn't able to kickstart the motor unless I hook the battery up ..

If anyone could point me towards some idea that would be awesome. Thanks!

Yes - try a booster cable from battery neg. To engine..

If it helps you need a new main earth cable ;)

Thanks guys, I will try tomorrow. What is the main earth cable, where can I get anew one and is it something I can replace myself?

its a right pain to get into sadly.

the one cable links the battery to body to engine. usually the body connection crimp fails but i have seen the others fail.

most easy thing to do is to have a cable that links from the battery to the engine. then from the engine to the body somewhere. on my panda there was a nice bolt on the back of the intake manifold just above the alternator that i linked a small 25mm cable from that bolt on the manifold to the big earthing point just below the strut top mounting point in front of the battery. the same earthing point could be used for the battery's earth.

Back