Technical Standard Fiat Grande Punto Help please

Currently reading:
Technical Standard Fiat Grande Punto Help please

Fossy313

Hey guys, using my husbands account as hes away with work.Any help greatly appreciated fastly before i knock myself out with strees :(

Having EXTREME problems with a fiat Grande punto FRONT bumper (standard). We had to get a new one to replace the old kit we had because husband decided to drive into a bollard...

Any way. We ordered from parts trader. The first bumper came cracked so they sent a second, to which they forgot to send grills...they sent grills which came to be too small ??? So they sent out a second batch, same thing happened. Whats going on? The grilles dont fit either the broken bumper we recieved from them or the new bumper, and i cant check up against the current bollard disabled bumper as its custom made.

I have attatched some pictures. The grilles have FT numbers on them but came in packing saying tong yang. Maybe the bumper is not genuine?(i dont know how to check) Any advice or help much appreciated!

Attachments

• SAM_2239.JPG
    SAM_2239.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • SAM_2238.JPG
    SAM_2238.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • SAM_2237.JPG
    SAM_2237.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Might be a patent part…i.e Non genuine fiat.

All Fiat parts I have bought new have came packaged with “Genuine Fiat” branded over the box.

How much did you pay for this if you don’t mind, if the price isn’t greatly different you should get genuine Fiat bumper…if this turns out to be a replica part.

Might be a patent part…i.e Non genuine fiat.

All Fiat parts I have bought new have came packaged with “Genuine Fiat” branded over the box.

How much did you pay for this if you don’t mind, if the price isn’t greatly different you should get genuine Fiat bumper…if this turns out to be a replica part.

We got it painted and grilles for £200...

Come to think of it yeh your right. Do i send it back and demand a refund? the grilles are right im guessing if they have an FT number?

if it doesnt fit then you dont seem to have much choice? the grills on the front of the GP fit very tightly so i wouldnt trust a patent part to deliver a good fit. If might be more hastle trying to get that bumper to fit properly rather than sourcing a genuine bumper/second hand one

i havent dealt with that company before so i would try and find out from them if its genuine (or supposed to be) or not, does it say on the site you purchased it from that it is genuine?

if it doesnt fit then you dont seem to have much choice? the grills on the front of the GP fit very tightly so i wouldnt trust a patent part to deliver a good fit. If might be more hastle trying to get that bumper to fit properly rather than sourcing a genuine bumper/second hand one

i havent dealt with that company before so i would try and find out from them if its genuine (or supposed to be) or not, does it say on the site you purchased it from that it is genuine?

Just called him up. The part is not genuine no, however it has been passed by whatever regualtions it needs to be passed by and hes never had any problems with the item before. Hes going to get his bodyshop to order in another from another supplier he uses and get the body shop to fit the grilles before delivering....

its been so much hastle, howvere rude i have been though the guy deserves a pat on the back for dealing with me. He was recommended to me by alot of people

Just called him up. The part is not genuine no, however it has been passed by whatever regualtions it needs to be passed by and hes never had any problems with the item before. Hes going to get his bodyshop to order in another from another supplier he uses and get the body shop to fit the grilles before delivering....

its been so much hastle, howvere rude i have been though the guy deserves a pat on the back for dealing with me. He was recommended to me by alot of people

Atleast they are doing something about it, hopefully it will be resolved quickly (y)

Good to hear they are going to sort you. I would still advice caution though when the new one arrives. Yes they make make the Grills fit, but you will need to make sure that the bumper clips and holes are in the exact position. You may find that the bumper is ever so slightly bigger or smaller that the Fiat one, making it not fit 100%, i.e Uneven panel gaps etc.

Back