Technical Stainless steel tank 4x4 ??

Currently reading:
Technical Stainless steel tank 4x4 ??

Sjvarley

Established member
Well i have though about this before but 2 stainless sinks welded back to back almost a perfect fit 45 ltrs
420x360 x300 mm
£20 each
IMG_1491819135.412105.jpg
It's even got the fuel pump hole of the correct diameter
A little welding 3 " oval tube filler or modified to a better position
Blank off other plug hole
£50 stainless tank. 45 litre capacity.

If fact this could be done even with out welding with petrol sealant and a series of bolts to clamp and block holesIMG_1491820327.310293.jpg

Last edited:
As I've got a 4x2 with a plastic tank this is clearly no practical use for me but looking forward to seeing how you get on, seems like potentially a great solution. Is the shape right or is there not too much restriction under there?

If it were me I'd avoid welding it if possible, seen quite a few exhausts fabriacted out of stainless steel then welded up only to rust through on the welds, just introducing a potential problem really. I wonder if you could use copper plumbing fittings for the fuel line points etc. I'd guess normal plumbing fittings rubber washers would have no chance surviving the petrol though. For the join some kind of tank sealant and rivets or clamps holding the rim of the two halves together? Or loose the rims and then have an overlapping join with a load of sealant and some bolts through?

Look forward to hearing/seeing more on this.(y)

It's no problem tig welding it it's basically melting it together also a stainless rod would have the same effect the size is exactly the Same as the panda tank as the steel has almost the same mailability
You know it took us 3 hrs to repair one tank probably could fabricate this idea in 1

Back