General Squeky window

Currently reading:
General Squeky window

Hi everyone, its been a while but its cause my Punto is runing smooth finally :D

I have this problem for 2 days, it went away for a day but it came back

When I start opening drivers window (electrical) at some point theres a sound like a stone is between the glass and something inside the door, and when I stop, the window goes further down, but not just a bit like almost all puntos, but a few cm....with squeeking

I cant be sure its not a stone, but it went away for a day, and theres this "it goes further down with squeek" part :D

I also think it started to make crunchy sounds a while ago and a little window droping, something like it falls a milimeter and you hear that movement, then mm further and so on few times after you have let go of the button

Last edited:
Hi everyone, its been a while but its cause my Punto is runing smooth finally :D

When I start opening drivers window (electrical) at some point theres a sound like a stone is between the glass and something inside the door, and when I stop, the window goes further down, but not just a bit like almost all puntos, but a few cm....with squeeking

I cant be sure its not a stone, but it went away for a day, and theres this "it goes further down with squeek" part :D

I also think it started to make crunchy sounds a while ago and a little window droping, something like it falls a milimeter and you hear that movement, then mm further and so on few times after you have let go of the button

remove the seal around the top of the door that the window sits in and give it a clean with soapy water and then treat with silicone spray

remove the seal around the top of the door that the window sits in and give it a clean with soapy water and then treat with silicone spray

the window is controlled with cables so no extravagent mechanism for such rocks to get court in there are springs at ever end of the cables thou to stop the motor getting jared so this will allow a little movement after you let go of the switch

Back