General Squeeling creaking on reverse

Currently reading:
General Squeeling creaking on reverse

Me again.

I have developed a squeel/creaking noise that is really bad when reversing, although I can sometimes here it a little bit while driving. There is also a slight resonance sound. Any ideas what it could be? I've just had pads and discs done, could it be them bedding in?

Thanks all

xS

(y)You could be right or it could be not enough copper grease.

Drive some where were you know you will be alone. Drive up to 70 and break as slow as you can to zero.

If you break to hard you can damage your pads and discs - when you replace both you need to break slowly for a while anyway to bead them in.

If after a few hunded miles it's still the same or worse go back to the garage who did the work.

Hi Shelx,

I had this problem when i changed my discs and pads and it turned out to be the rear dust cover. Behind the rear discs is a metal plate which protects the discs from road dust/water, this may have been bent slightly when they fitted the new discs and is rubbing on the disc's. It gave me a squeal and very annoying sound but its very thin and easy to bend back,so not a real problem. If you can jack the rear of the b up off the ground , turn each wheel in turn and you may find this is yr cause. if it is, remove the wheel, and bend the plate out of harm's way. Hope this helps. (y)

Last edited:
:eek:
I checked wheels and they aren't hot, plus did 150 miles and the noise is still there so going to garage on monday to be looked at as I don't have anywhere to get it off the ground. The guys at the garage were starting to miss me anyway...:p
xs

Back