General Squeaky passenger seat

Currently reading:
General Squeaky passenger seat

Bert One

I've had my 2011 1.2 Pop for just over a month now and I'm really liking it but there is one annoyance that is bugging me, when the passenger seat is occupied there is a very intrusive squeaking noise (not wife or children)
It is the base of the seat not the back as I can replicate the noise by pressing on it.
Any ideas? or does anyone else have this problem? I'd like to stop it if possible

Hi , look at the two plastic hook clips that are located under the seat cushion . You can see them when you open the under seat compartment . Make sure they hook into the seat frame when the seat cushion is down . If they are not hooked in correctly this will give you a squeaky noise . Hope this helps . (y)

Squeaks and rattles in cars! So annoying! I feel your pain and hope you cure it.

As said, open the under seat storage and have a fiddle with eveything, likely to be something so simple that needs a little lubricant. Not much help to you, sorry.

Hi , look at the two plastic hook clips that are located under the seat cushion . You can see them when you open the under seat compartment . Make sure they hook into the seat frame when the seat cushion is down . If they are not hooked in correctly this will give you a squeaky noise . Hope this helps . (y)

Full marks to you! I thought I had checked that but after having a proper look this morning I noticed that one of the rear plastic hooks was deformed and had obviously been riding on top of the seat frame rather than hooked over the tube.

A couple of seconds fiddling and it is now in the correct position and no amount of vigorous bouncing up and down is making it squeak (hope the neighbours weren't watching)
Must say that generally the 500 is squeak and rattle free, thankfully.

Back