Technical Spring catching in wing issue

Currently reading:
Technical Spring catching in wing issue

bean

types his title here
Hi

My cinq is lowered with Apex springs/shocks but the NS front spring has always slightly rubbed on the inside of the wing when compressed. It’s been an advisory on mots for years but now has failed on it.

There is not play in the ball joint or top mount as they have been changed recently. Any ideas of what I can do? Another new top mount?

Thanks

Doesn't sound right.

Something must be bent or misaligned.

Do you have any pictures of where it rubs?

I had a good look underneath yesterday and its not the wing as I was advised. Its rubbing on the body, some paint has been removed. I can only guess the top mount is moving too much under load.

It does have stiff suspension and polybushes so maybe that's lowering the life of the mount.

I'll take a photo later.

Thanks

I had a good look underneath yesterday and its not the wing as I was advised. Its rubbing on the body, some paint has been removed. I can only guess the top mount is moving too much under load.

It does have stiff suspension and polybushes so maybe that's lowering the life of the mount.

I'll take a photo later.

Thanks

as long as they are the correct bushes and fitted properly, they should hold the alignment better than standard ones.
they also shouldnt really affect the top mount.

are you using camber bolts at all?

Late reply!

For reference this got fixed, I must have hit a pothole and the spring popped out of its seat on the shock, mot tester wasn't happy about that!

Late reply!

For reference this got fixed, I must have hit a pothole and the spring popped out of its seat on the shock, mot tester wasn't happy about that!
I would question the MOT testers ability if they couldn't tell it was the spring had popped off its seat.
Must have been one hell of a pothole to dislodge it!!!!!!

I would question the MOT testers ability if they couldn't tell it was the spring had popped off its seat.
Must have been one hell of a pothole to dislodge it!!!!!!
Lowering springs apperntly fitted could be that that don't fit very well when's the cars jacked up due to being short and popped out then

I have apex springs and dampers and they don't pop out. Has someone cut them to get even lower?

Back