General Spot of luck!

Currently reading:
General Spot of luck!

I have 2 cars a GP1.4 Active sport that I bought for the mrs to use and my Mk2 1.2elx Punto. Both cars are brilliant and I love both.

Any way the mrs comes home tonight to say that the car (GP) is costing her to much in fuel to get to work and back! Its doing around 45mpg which is absolutely fine. She says she wants the Mk2 back as this gets over 50mpg easily for the same commute so result I get the new car.

The trouble is I brought the GP for her, if I was buying myself a new car I would of gone for the Panda 100hp!

Dilema - Do I trade the GP in or live with it? I like the GP loads its a great car but man I love the Panda!

Help guys give me a kick!

Hi, I ordered myself the 1.9 sporting recently but the more i think of it the more i wish i went the 100hp panda, mind you i wish i went for the original car i wanted a focus st, to late now paid the deposit, what ever you decide make sure you've thought long and hard about it, heres my 2 pence worth if your asking, GO FOR THE PANDA ! its sooooooooo different and will turn heads when wizzing past peeps on the bypass :eek: (y)

make sure you give the 100hp a good test drive and make sure your happy with it as its not as gutsy as a 1.9 GP Sporting which can be had now(slightly used / pre reg'd) for roughly same price. I had a GP Sporting 1.9 and now have a mk2b Sporting 1.4 (same engine as panda 100hp) and I miss the lazy torque for motorway cruising and overtaking as well as the nice fuel economy :D.

Don't mean to confuse you adding another car to your wishlist :eek:

i drive a gp m-jet my girlfriend drives the panda 100hp i borrow it now and again its a hoot to drive great build quality "made in poland"better than a gp.the only minus point of the 100hp is the ride quality its really bad on anything less than a perfect road surface apart from that its :slayer: :slayer: would have it any day over a 1.4 gp.ps it can be a bit thirsty too driving in sport mode.:D

make sure you give the 100hp a good test drive and make sure your happy with it as its not as gutsy as a 1.9 GP Sporting which can be had now(slightly used / pre reg'd) for roughly same price. I had a GP Sporting 1.9 and now have a mk2b Sporting 1.4 (same engine as panda 100hp) and I miss the lazy torque for motorway cruising and overtaking as well as the nice fuel economy :D.

Don't mean to confuse you adding another car to your wishlist :eek:

panda 100 hp has the new firejet engine 6 speed box.surely they did not put that engine the old punto...:confused:

Not forgetting the Gp is a safer car 5* vs the pandas 3*

more room in the Gp as well :D

as for space there aint much in it,panda is narrower.panda has 5 doors and climate control standard,dark tints as standard,meaner and funkier looking than a active sport better seats toooooooo:D

Cheers guy for all your input, exactly what I needed to hear. I am going to think about it long and hard over the next week or so and see how I get on with the GP. If I see a GP 1.9 I want to try it as the performance and economy look great, but that Panda 100 sure looks a hoot as stated earlier.

One things for sure I'm 100% Fiat. :slayer:

see, i love the panda 100hp, its just amazing looking so bold and AHHH :p in evrey way..... apart from 1 thing! the intirior :eek: the seats are wiked cool but the centre console is just cheep looking and ugly! it just looks to odd.

I still love it though! but i just dont know about the inside :eek:

but in all GP's are just the shiz! go for a m-jet! 100% what i would go for

Last edited:
Yes it is.....

Mine is a 2005 Punto Sporting 1.4 16v which is EXACTLY the same engine and has the 6 speed box also. Do your research lol :p.

yeah but you aint got 100 horse pullers in the punto you do you:p

Get the GPS 1.9 if you can,

-Gp 1.9 is faster
-better on fuel
-cooler
-You would look less gay driving a GP 1.9 comapared to driving a panda

if you read the thread properly its a 1.4 active sport i was comparing the
panda 100hp with not a m-jet gp.as for the panda it is cooler looking than a active sport more reliable and better built than any grande punto.has the same amount of kit in it as a m-jet sporting.handles and drives better than any grande punto.but the gp m-jet is better looking only the m-jet t-jet have anything on the panda they are faster thats it straight line:)

Well it looks like my luck has gone :eek: as the mrs has had the mk2 for a couple of days and has decided she now prefers the GP over the mk2 Punto! Something about the mk2 has no brakes (n) compared to the GP and is not as plush! :bang: Oh well I am happy with either. :slayer:

Cheers.

if you read the thread properly its a 1.4 active sport i was comparing the
panda 100hp with not a m-jet gp.as for the panda it is cooler looking than a active sport more reliable and better built than any grande punto.has the same amount of kit in it as a m-jet sporting.handles and drives better than any grande punto.but the gp m-jet is better looking only the m-jet t-jet have anything on the panda they are faster thats it straight line:)

You actually said you were also considering and M-Jet or a panda 100hp aswell. Yes the mjet is alot faster in a straight line, once the handling is sorted it's a nice all rounder.

a GP is more masculine than a Panda. But a GPS is more feminine than a Panda 100HP.

hmmmm i don't know i'm not convinced.;)

Back