General Sporting or GT???

Currently reading:
General Sporting or GT???

Does any body have any opinions on which of the above i should get? I know most will say GT but im not that fussed about that sort of performance really.I want some thing with cheapish running costs but still looks the part as standard.I would like a gt for the pssssssht noise at the end of every gear but i have heard a lot of stories about troublesome GT's and its very hard to finf one that hasn't had the tits razzed off it. If any body knows the specs of the above cars it would be appreciated.i.e top speeds bhp electric this electric that

many thanks in advance :D :D :D

Having owned both, and you say performance isnt a major thing to you, i say go with the sporting. My GT eats fuel, 50 miles to a tenner. It is fun to drive and all, but really expensive.
My sporting was ok performance wise, with a decent exhaust and air filter it is nippy enough, reasonable fuel consumption and is a comfortable drive.
Just my two pennies worth. :eek:)

www.parkers.co.uk that will give you the stas of all punto models

Mine was 1.2 16v and 35 quid saw 300-350 miles, in the GT 35 quids worth of fuel sees around 250 miles

This is the bad position i am in now, Weather I get a GT ( friend has one but hard to find a ncie 1) or the sporting, its a tough decision i really dont know wot to get

I am telling you now, loud dump valves take the biscuit totally, I test drove a 1.8t nissan 200sx with a extra loud recurclulating dump valve which shocked me when I changed gear for first time, so decided to take a detour round town, not even half way there and it was taking the pis already, every single gear change no matter how gentle or no throttle there was it went off. No thanks.

As you say finding a good GT is near impossible and the economy is significantly poorer, and insurance is extra steep as insurers see those magic letters G & T (they also appear in that insurance backbreaking GTi badge) and turbo in the documents. A good sporting that is totally factory would do much better. Then you can either keep the money, spend it making it look and go faster, or do it my way and keep it extra factory (get all the tasty optional extras).

Back